Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Quick word about WWW.HMOTORSONLINE.COM

Old 01-13-2003, 04:21 PM
seth90dx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick word about WWW.HMOTORSONLINE.COM

This is not an advertisement (to all you mods).... I just got off the phone with hmotorsonline, they were verry frendy helpfull and competetive as far as pricing. Also they are extremely quick with shipping. Had I called an hour earlier I would have recieved the motor tomorow! But I should get it on wendsday. I will keep you posted! :thumbup:

I ordered a ZC for my 90DX because 1. I already have an SI motor out of a 91 CRX SI, so I can mate the ZC with the D16A6 trany and use the ACT clutch in der pluss the SI ecu!!! 2. It fits, fawk all this complex crap about swaping a B series motor when you have to customize/buy mounts and bla bla bla.... I found out that to completely install a 1st gen B16A (including install) it would cost $4000 Now A ZC, I can put that in myself... No custom mounts the only "CUSTOM" thing is the wire harness :dunno: whats the big deal with B series motors? All I hear now adays is B series this, and B series that... Dude for the extra $3000 I can be WAY faster than a B16A.... Lets see, T super 60 = $600 Intercooler around $450 Internals (pistons and rods) $750 Iron sleaves $450.... and of course there is fuel management which you could prolly do for around $1000.... Im sure there is a few more thing I missed like maybe a BOV and other things, but for the extra $500 or $600 bucks isnt it worth it to be faster than a "B" and not have to "B" a trendy fawker? :fawk:
Old 01-13-2003, 04:47 PM
dubcac
I

Whoever told you $4000 for a b16 is a complete tool. Motors are cheap, labor is cheap or do it yourself. It'd be less than $2k. There's no way you'll have a reliable turbo setup, and a built motor for less than $4k. Good luck to ya on that one.
Old 01-13-2003, 05:09 PM
seth90dx

Why thank you dubster... I have almost everything I need. And it has cost me less than $4000... All I have to do is have the block machined out to a 1.8 liter have it sleaved and seated and we will see what kind of WHP I am making
Old 01-13-2003, 06:03 PM
Bumnah
So OG it hurts.

did you get a sohc zc or a dual?

b16's are about 1100 for hte price, $600 for mount and wiring and shift linkage.

$4000 is a highly inflated price.

zc is a good start, the potential is higher with the b series that's why everyone pushes them so much more.

i would've said b series, the zc's are nice. good swap for a beginner.
-----
Old 01-13-2003, 07:32 PM
seth90dx

Its the Jspec DOHC ZC, and "B" series motors suck for FI because of vtec. This is information givin to me by modacar. They have a B20/B18B supercharged that lays down 347 WHP... These are the only "B" series motors I would use for FI. Dont get me wrong, the vtec is awsome for ALL MOTOR aplications. I just think they are played out. Hey do you know if the D16A6 and the ZC have interchangable internals?
Old 01-13-2003, 08:29 PM
Bumnah
So OG it hurts.

well the one thing i've learned is. there is no wrong motor to do boost.

the vtec motor may have a lot of over lap on the top end, but that doesn't mean you won't make power.

that same charger would make more hp out of each lb of boost cause of the high compression b18c1 or b16a or b16b or b18c5 or whatever. so does that mean the b20/b18's suck? higher potential comes from the vtec motors there is really no denyin' that.
-----
Old 01-13-2003, 08:42 PM
seth90dx

The way I was told (by a crew of motor builders that do this thang on the daily) The overlap of vtec does way more damage when it comes to +10PSI under that the vtec motors will do better than non. You will end up shooting the boost/fuel straight out the exaust valve @ 5000 RPM or whenever you have your vtec set @... From what I understood this doesent just shoot out the exaust pipe, it super heats in the turbine and cuases it to fail more rapidly than a NON vtec motor... 10+Psi with a non vtec actualy allows the cylinder to be compacted with the boost/fuel from the turbo, and with enough redarding and proper tuning can out perform a vtec motor.... He also said vtec rocks, and any other form of use + vtec is good (like NOS) He also said you will see more HP for your buck with bolt ons on a vtec motor... Im not going that rout so it realy dont matter Can you look @ ZC+D16A6 internals thread and give me some help bumna? I want reasurence thanks
Old 01-14-2003, 07:36 AM
v4lu3s

hmm weird the 500 hp prelude that my buddy owns has vtec coming on as low as possible, because you build boost and tend to lose it at crossover, so the lower the crossover occurs the less a problem it is for him. another guy i know as well made somewhere around 340hp on a stock internalled b18c.

im not 100% osure but i think all the D series 1.6 liter engines can trade pistons....
Old 01-14-2003, 10:25 AM
dubcac
I

VTEC has lots of overlap, which bleeds boost. It's not that bad of an overlap, and turbo cams are available to prevent this.
Old 01-14-2003, 03:42 PM
seth90dx

god damn vtecers.... Vote NO on "B" series motors! Vote yes for H22 and K20A crx and civic mounts!