Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

Cleaned out Engine Bay

Old 08-30-2003, 09:49 PM
firebane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

again if you read my post you would see that there is a massive amounts of oil on parts of the car that would probably only take power washing to clean off.
Old 08-31-2003, 01:30 PM
99aznaccord

Originally posted by firebane
again if you read my post you would see that there is a massive amounts of oil on parts of the car that would probably only take power washing to clean off.
My bad, I wasn't talkin' about your engine bay. I was referring to 96GreenCivic. If you look at his, it looks like it's SORTA cleaned, but doesn't look like the can stuff he got was all that. But I can understand since he had to be extra careful since his spark plug wire was kind of messed up. But still say that you guys should get simple green. It's a lot for a small cost and saves you in the long run. Not only that but it smells really good too. Oh and also take my suggestion with the meguiars vinyl and rubber protectant. Just spray on the rubber parts like hoses. Don't have to soak them. Just enough and then close the hood and let the engine run. And then reopen the hood and wipe down the excess. You will be amazed at how much better it looks.
Old 09-05-2003, 04:31 PM
SUPER LAUBO
KiMBO's Hubby

looks the same to me :dunno:

j/k :chuckles: :goodjob:
Old 10-15-2003, 05:58 AM
h22avid
Sleeper...Creeper...

Be careful with any Gunk Engine cleaner or Gunk Foamy Engine cleaner. It can be damaging to your pain in the bay.

I actually used Gunk and a steel wool pad to remove my engine bay paint before repainting it. When I did my motor swap, I took the time while the motor was out to completely strip the bay of all hardware, wires, lines, etc. then stripped the paint down to the factory primer using just Gunk and steel wool. After that I primed and painted it with High Temp Engine Block paint (low gloss black) and it looks great.

The engine bay was really nasty before I swapped the motor... the guy that I bought the car from never took care of it then blew a hole in his block so there was oil and dirt everywhere. I initially just wanted to clean it out but after the Gunk started stripping the paint I said what the hell and went all the way... looks good though, I'll post before and after pics later when I get home.
Old 10-15-2003, 06:02 AM
h22avid
Sleeper...Creeper...

^ actually now that I think of it, if you click on the link in my signature that says 'Click Here for My Hybrid Web Page' it will take you to my site. Once there click on the Photo Album link on the left and you can see some before, during , and after shots of the engine bay.... I still need to post pics of the new motor in the bay but you can also find it in the Pictures of your civic thread.