Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Keyless Entry Lighting

Old 07-15-2002, 05:04 PM
The Beav
i

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keyless Entry Lighting

I have a 96 civic ex and i was wondering if it was possible to make my undercar neons light up when i hit the unlock button on my remote like the interior light does, it would be an easy way to find my car at night cause my remote has at least a 30 foot range if so does anybody know how to do this
Old 07-15-2002, 05:40 PM
LjN_728

yea it's possible just gotta do some wiring. Well first of all, on your keyless entry, do your taillights and corners flash? if so, then you could rig it to that, but just hook a fuse to it. I mean i've never tried that before but it's logical. but wut i rather do is um...do u kno how to hook up foglights? one power to the battery and one to the corner lights right? and u kno how if u leave the switch on when u set your alarm on/off, the foglights follow the tailights and flash? you could possible rig it like that. just use a relay
Old 07-15-2002, 07:00 PM
The Beav
i

my taillights don't light up when i use my kelyless entry just my dome light lights up i'd wanna link it to that wouldn't i so it would stay on till i find my car
Old 07-17-2002, 03:45 PM
integramodder

Originally posted by LjN_728
yea it's possible just gotta do some wiring. Well first of all, on your keyless entry, do your taillights and corners flash? if so, then you could rig it to that, but just hook a fuse to it. I mean i've never tried that before but it's logical. but wut i rather do is um...do u kno how to hook up foglights? one power to the battery and one to the corner lights right? and u kno how if u leave the switch on when u set your alarm on/off, the foglights follow the tailights and flash? you could possible rig it like that. just use a relay
you wouldnt want to do that thing you said with the fog lights
1. they would light up anytime you turn on your corner lights since it would be closing the circut
2. corner lights arent made to handle that type of current that fog lights draw.
3. if you were to hook something up like that, then it would have to be the positive directly off of the security system and the foglights would just be additionally wired to the interior dome light.

What you have to do is find the wire which becomes positive (+) when you lock/unlock your car. after you find that wire, what you should do is set up a relay off of that wire to trigger your glow kit to come on which should be wired in parallel to the normal glow kit switch.
Old 07-17-2002, 03:55 PM
LjN_728

Originally posted by integramodder

you wouldnt want to do that thing you said with the fog lights
1. they would light up anytime you turn on your corner lights since it would be closing the circut
2. corner lights arent made to handle that type of current that fog lights draw.
3. if you were to hook something up like that, then it would have to be the positive directly off of the security system and the foglights would just be additionally wired to the interior dome light.

Well i didn't tell him to do that, i was just giving him an example. Anyways u have to hook the remote wire to the corner lights or any 12v source. It's just like hooking ur remote wire of ur amp to something like the cig lighter or something.

BTW...wut if he can't find the (+) wire of the keyless entry module? Cuz i'm sure for most people, they don't know exactly wut they're looking for.