Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Best Alarm system

Old 01-16-2003, 04:05 PM
H-Accord-22
Duh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Alarm system

uh, I've just "remodelling" my car "year right ) and i'm looking for some good alarm system, I've heard of many diff ones, like those that can signal and notify you about which part of the car been "pick-on" like a mile away. anyways, some cost 400 (including installation) some are the same and cost like 700??

can some of you list the brands name and the average costs??? and their features, thanks
Old 01-16-2003, 04:30 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

www.clifford.com

best alarms imo, check out what one you like and call ur local dealer to get pricing.
Old 01-21-2003, 05:01 PM
DON-ON- AIR

what do u ppl think about autopage?
Old 01-21-2003, 05:34 PM
steveng

if you are gonna hook up proxy sensor for sure...then go with Alpine. they make the smartest proxy sensor of all brands. i have it and i never ever got false alarm so far
Old 01-21-2003, 05:49 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by steveng
if you are gonna hook up proxy sensor for sure...then go with Alpine. they make the smartest proxy sensor of all brands. i have it and i never ever got false alarm so far
You're gonna recommend that alarm soley because it has a good proxy sensor? Wow! If you were to compare Alpine and Clifford head to head, it would be painfully obvious that Clifford is the superior of the two. Does alpine have a wireless immobilizer? what about a tilt/motion sensor? a anti-carjack system? or what about dual zone omni sensor? are all of the sensors remote programmable? and now here's the most important of all questions, is the alpine "always on"?
Old 01-21-2003, 06:23 PM
SiClone
X-Moder8er

Make sure the installer/shop is reputible and know what they are doing.... An alarm is only as good as it's install....
Old 01-21-2003, 07:35 PM
steveng

Originally posted by 94uhkord
You're gonna recommend that alarm soley because it has a good proxy sensor? Wow! If you were to compare Alpine and Clifford head to head, it would be painfully obvious that Clifford is the superior of the two. Does alpine have a wireless immobilizer? what about a tilt/motion sensor? a anti-carjack system? or what about dual zone omni sensor? are all of the sensors remote programmable? and now here's the most important of all questions, is the alpine "always on"?
stop being bias...i didn't say alpine is the best alarm overall, instead all i said was it has the smartest proxy sensor on the market, period. and yes i have omni sensor which is also called proxy sensor and i have digital tilt sensor, backup siren, backup battery, hood/trunk pins and fawking engine kill and last but not least i paid only a fraction of what high end clifford costs. alarm is only as good as installation. the labor i paid was 3 times more than the price of the alarm itself. please stop being bias unless you know what you are talking about. from what i can see..all you know are just some fansy terms
Old 01-21-2003, 10:03 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by steveng
stop being bias...i didn't say alpine is the best alarm overall, instead all i said was it has the smartest proxy sensor on the market, period. and yes i have omni sensor which is also called proxy sensor and i have digital tilt sensor, backup siren, backup battery, hood/trunk pins and fawking engine kill and last but not least i paid only a fraction of what high end clifford costs. alarm is only as good as installation. the labor i paid was 3 times more than the price of the alarm itself. please stop being bias unless you know what you are talking about. from what i can see..all you know are just some fansy terms
I am very biased, you are correct, and for good reason. Clifford alarms are superior to most,if not all, on the market. Especially Viper,Alpine, Prestige, and the like. If you'd like to test my knowledge of the Clifford stuff, go for it, I know alot more than "fancy terms". For example, you said the omni sensor is also called a proxy sensor. Sorry bro, you couldn't be more wrong. Those are two different sensors, the omnisensor is basically an impact sensor, but Clifford upped the ante by adding DSP(Digital signal processing) algorithms which give precision in detecting genuine threats to your car. Whereas the dual stage proxy sensor detects someone thats too close to your car, and when they break the "zone" it triggers a warning toned, or a full siren blast if they don't back up from the car. It will also protect the interior of your car as well by sounding a full siren blast if someone were to reach into the passenger compartment. Both of these sensors on the Clifford are remote adjustable. So who doesn't know what they're talking about? I understand that cost plays a major factor for most people when buying an alarm, but the truth be told, I have yet to find an alarm that can match the security features of the one im getting for my car, Clifford Concept 600. It does't have the cool pager thing, and it's a little costly, but the security features it offers make it worth every penny. Mind if I ask how much you paid for your Alpine alarm installed?
Old 01-21-2003, 10:07 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by SiClone
Make sure the installer/shop is reputible and know what they are doing.... An alarm is only as good as it's install....
So true. If I had paid more attention to this, I might still have my "SaucyCivic" today I cheaped out on the security and bought a Viper 500ESP from Circuit City and had them install it. Huge mistake, they put the siren in plain view under the hood and the brain was right under the lower dash, the ease of access to these two items made it possible for the faggots who stole my car to do so in about 30-45 seconds:angry:
Old 01-21-2003, 10:23 PM
steveng

Originally posted by 94uhkord
I am very biased, you are correct, and for good reason. Clifford alarms are superior to most,if not all, on the market. Especially Viper,Alpine, Prestige, and the like. If you'd like to test my knowledge of the Clifford stuff, go for it, I know alot more than "fancy terms". For example, you said the omni sensor is also called a proxy sensor. Sorry bro, you couldn't be more wrong. Those are two different sensors, the omnisensor is basically an impact sensor, but Clifford upped the ante by adding DSP(Digital signal processing) algorithms which give precision in detecting genuine threats to your car. Whereas the dual stage proxy sensor detects someone thats too close to your car, and when they break the "zone" it triggers a warning toned, or a full siren blast if they don't back up from the car. It will also protect the interior of your car as well by sounding a full siren blast if someone were to reach into the passenger compartment. Both of these sensors on the Clifford are remote adjustable. So who doesn't know what they're talking about? I understand that cost plays a major factor for most people when buying an alarm, but the truth be told, I have yet to find an alarm that can match the security features of the one im getting for my car, Clifford Concept 600. It does't have the cool pager thing, and it's a little costly, but the security features it offers make it worth every penny. Mind if I ask how much you paid for your Alpine alarm installed?
sorry i think i messed up the term omni and proxy... yes the alpine i have has both omni/alpine called it impact sensor, and proxy sensor and both of them are remote adjustable but you get to read the manual every time you do so until you can memorize the steps. as for the cost...i paid $800 CND including the alarm and add on features