Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Best Alarm system

Old 01-23-2003, 01:30 PM
steveng

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by illusion
for a serious thief I argue about a pager, I had a friend come running to his car because of the pager and got met with a .357 mag slug in his shoulder, good thing the theif didn't know what hydrashocks or eagle talons are and that he couldn't aim for ****, or my friend would have gotten toasted. My personal preference for alarms is make them so obnoxious the theives won't even bother, and if they do it will be nice and painful for them. I'm using 4 interior sirens, 2 exterior, air horns, 4 strobes outside and 2 inside(these are whelen police strobes, not flea market APC strobes) and its worked perfectly, I've had two break in attempts on my car, and both failed, they set the alarm off and ran like the *****es they are. Now my bike is a different story, I have the RS3 on it because if some is screwing with a bike, it's usually not to steal it's stereo, and with the bike I can see what the thief if doing, not like a car with limo tinted window you come up scare the sucker and risk getting shot. In the end that's what insurance is for. If you have have stuff in your car that you can't live without and would be the end of the world if it gets jacked, it shouldn't be in your car to begin with.
don't you think that you are overdone with the alarm? 4 sirens inside the car and 2 outside plus air horn.. that would scare the $hit outta me if i accidentally trigger the alarm myself.
Old 01-23-2003, 01:35 PM
illusion

smokedogg: I love it. Works like a charm, and is pretty good about not falsing, and haven't had any troubles at all. Now trying to find the space to stick all of the crap on a bike was a challenge, but in a car it should be a cake install.

steveng....it does!!! THe interior sirens are small, like 1" x 1" x 2" but it's their tone that's annoying, it makes you sick to your stomach. The exterior one's I just wanted one for the front and one for the back, the air horns were meant to get people to move the flark out of my way, but they work equally well to make people wet themselves. lol...
Old 01-23-2003, 02:14 PM
clickwir
Floppy Death! noES!!!

illusion: Little OT... but are you using the stock alternator? Just from the pics in your sig you look to be running quite a bit on it. Any suggestions for aftermarket alternators?
Old 01-23-2003, 02:31 PM
r1ch_b

Originally posted by 94uhkord
I am very biased, you are correct, and for good reason. Clifford alarms are superior to most,if not all, on the market.
I just got the Viper 790XV which is comparable to (if not the same as) Clifford RS3.

Care to explain why you say Clifford is superior than Viper?
So far, I see that everything is the same except the brand name on the pager.
Old 01-23-2003, 02:43 PM
illusion

Originally posted by r1ch_b
I just got the Viper 790XV which is comparable to (if not the same as) Clifford RS3.

that's one viper that's close to a clifford because it is a clifford. Clifford had just finished the responder and started marketing it right before DEI bought them out, then used the RS to whore it's name line.

viper 790xv

Clifford RS3

but compare the pre buyout top product line, the 800esp versus the avantguard 4, no contest.
Old 01-23-2003, 07:18 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by barto
Well my issue is having the pager. It is a must for me since your alarm does no good if you can't hear it. The distance on their web site is very conservative, and is about right if you are shooting through a bunch of buildings. You are correct about the features of the Avant Guard, but it is still quite a bit more pricey and no pager. This pager has helped a lot, and that is why I chose it over the Clifford. I can get this compustar for 450 installed and that is an extremely good deal since it does take a while to install. I respect your opinion, but the pager for me is a real must.

Also, their website is not quite up to date on some of the features. Like the alarm has 7 aux ports, not 2. That is the first thing that jumped out at me.
I see ur point, if the 2 way ability is the major concern for you then compustar is definitely the way to go(or a similar "pager" alarm):thumbup:
Old 01-23-2003, 07:34 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by illusion
for a serious thief I argue about a pager, I had a friend come running to his car because of the pager and got met with a .357 mag slug in his shoulder

My personal preference for alarms is make them so obnoxious the theives won't even bother, and if they do it will be nice and painful for them.

In the end that's what insurance is for. If you have have stuff in your car that you can't live without and would be the end of the world if it gets jacked, it shouldn't be in your car to begin with.
:werd:

:werd:

and :werd:

very well said, I feel the same about the above mentioned points:thumbup:
Old 01-23-2003, 07:36 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by barto
Seriously, I never thought about that thing with the mag. The Avant Guard is a great alarm and I would consider it if I had the xtra cash, but as for price goes, I am sticking with the compustar, thanx for the info, it will help me out when I do have some extra cash around.
Yeah, the AG4 is the best there is. It's not gonna prevent your car from being towed, but nobody will be able to drive it away thats for damn sure. Yeah man, for $450 installed, u got a good deal on ur alarm, you couldn't even buy just the AG4 for that price and install will run close to double the cost of the alarm
Old 01-23-2003, 07:38 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by steveng
don't you think that you are overdone with the alarm? 4 sirens inside the car and 2 outside plus air horn.. that would scare the $hit outta me if i accidentally trigger the alarm myself.
it's alot, but just think how unpleasant it'll be for a thief who tries to get his shyt:naughty: He must value his car and the stuff in it:thumbup:
Old 01-23-2003, 07:41 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by r1ch_b

I was referring to higher end Cliffords, one's that aren't mass produced for major retail chain stores The two alarms you mentioned are basically the same thing like you said, but look at the security features of the 790xv and compare them to a Clifford Concept 600 and you will see the difference. The only thing the 790 has on the 600 is the pager, but im anti-pager so it bothers me none:thumbup: