View Single Post
Old 01-21-2003, 10:23 PM
steveng

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by 94uhkord
I am very biased, you are correct, and for good reason. Clifford alarms are superior to most,if not all, on the market. Especially Viper,Alpine, Prestige, and the like. If you'd like to test my knowledge of the Clifford stuff, go for it, I know alot more than "fancy terms". For example, you said the omni sensor is also called a proxy sensor. Sorry bro, you couldn't be more wrong. Those are two different sensors, the omnisensor is basically an impact sensor, but Clifford upped the ante by adding DSP(Digital signal processing) algorithms which give precision in detecting genuine threats to your car. Whereas the dual stage proxy sensor detects someone thats too close to your car, and when they break the "zone" it triggers a warning toned, or a full siren blast if they don't back up from the car. It will also protect the interior of your car as well by sounding a full siren blast if someone were to reach into the passenger compartment. Both of these sensors on the Clifford are remote adjustable. So who doesn't know what they're talking about? I understand that cost plays a major factor for most people when buying an alarm, but the truth be told, I have yet to find an alarm that can match the security features of the one im getting for my car, Clifford Concept 600. It does't have the cool pager thing, and it's a little costly, but the security features it offers make it worth every penny. Mind if I ask how much you paid for your Alpine alarm installed?
sorry i think i messed up the term omni and proxy... yes the alpine i have has both omni/alpine called it impact sensor, and proxy sensor and both of them are remote adjustable but you get to read the manual every time you do so until you can memorize the steps. as for the cost...i paid $800 CND including the alarm and add on features