Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Wire Color Information: FYI

Old 10-14-2007, 07:42 PM
kbkgpk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

remote start in 01 Prelude, THX
Old 11-01-2007, 02:25 PM
Tedmond

hey robl, if you need to install a alarm for your manual heres how. there are 2 type of systems. Postive trigger or negative trigger when clutch is pressed.

Postive System

3 wire if cruise control avail on car. one shows 12v const when key is on start or ignition. other wire will show twelve const when the clutch is pressed. wire the starter wire from starter unit to this wire.

Negative System

3 wire if cruise control available. one shows ground when key is on ignition(start position) and other wire shows ground when clutch pressed. Connect your starter wire to the starter wire on the car. Purchase a relay and connect your relay like so.

ground out when running from remote start to relay terminal 85
12 volt constant to relay terminal 86
High current ground to relay terminal 30
connect wire from relay terminal 87 to wire that shows ground when clutch pressed

that will bypass the clutch during remote start ONLY. do not cut any wire, just splice.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:27 PM
Tedmond

if you want alarm/starter information, PM me, im very knowledgable in this field and can help you will diagrams and wiring info.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:40 AM
Twilsiiit

Help with Cassette Tape wiring for 1995 Honda Accord LX
Old 11-07-2007, 03:33 PM
Tedmond

do you still ahev the factory harness or is it all chopped up? if oyu still haev the original harness (gray) i would recomend you going to a local shop and purcahse a harness for 10 bucks. when u splice into your cables you can run into many problems such as shorting of wires.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:32 PM
yosnoopy504
honda civic hachback

Default hey

Originally Posted by SumAccordGuy94
You can find constant and switched power at the interior fuse box, there are terminals above the fuses that you can use. Use a test light to verify their function.

If you use a starter interrupt relay, the start wire is the black wire with a white stripe, its in the ignition switch harness.

Dome light- Light green with red stripe, located in a 24 pin blue connector on the top of the interior fuse box. Needs a negative signal to trigger light. This is used for the door trigger wire for the alarm as well, as it works off any door.

Trunk switch (if used)- Blue wire with black stripe, located in a 16 pin blue connector under the fuse box. Gives a negative signal to trigger the alarm.

Parking Lights- Red with green stripe, located in a 7 pin green connector at the fuse box. Needs a positive, relay trigger.

Power Lock- Green with white stripe, located in a 16 pin blue connector below fuse box. Needs a negative pulse to lock doors.

Power Unlock- Green with orange stripe, located in a 16 pin blue connector below fise box. Needs a negative pulse to unlock doors.

If you need anyothers, like power windows, headlights, horn or anything, let me know.
hey man you arer good you helping evertyone thanxxxxxxxxxx for everyone in here
Old 11-26-2007, 07:38 PM
rwilso006

Could you please assist with a question regarding an XM install. This will be in a 2001 CRV. I would like to hard wire the power to this unit. I was supplied with the standard cigarette ligher adapter. Could I cut off the cigarette ligher piece, and splice it in somewhere under the dash. If so where would you recommend?

Last edited by rwilso006; 11-26-2007 at 07:48 PM.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:10 PM
Tedmond

hey, the XM if u want to hard wire, its a tricky thing if u want to remove ur dash to get to the radio. Yes u can cut the ciglighter adapter and wire that to 12 volts and groung but u must fuse the power properly. Is ur XM hardwired to ur deck or is it FM modulated? this is how i would do it. at the bottom of the CRV the piece at the bottom can be removed. u will see 2 screws there that must be removed. That allows the upper part to be removed. To get access to deck, remove glove compartment and remove the screw that holds the dash together. Do same on driver side. 4 screws must be removed. The dash is now clear and 2 8mm bolts hold the deck onto a metal bracket. from there grab power. ORRR to make things simple, look for ur cig lighter, it will be 3 pin harness. 2 postives and 1 negative. use a multmeter and test for one that has 12v constant when key is in acc and ground the other wire. Make sure u fuse appropriatly. that way u can only listen with the key in and it will turn off when key removed.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:45 PM
maxipereyra15

i need to know where i can locate the lock and unlock cable, the door trigger, and what the dome light and the tach are??

I have a 1994 honda accord ex, i have everything installed except the lock and unlock part.

thank you
Old 12-01-2007, 05:59 AM
Tedmond

the locks are Type B system which require negative pulse to lock/unlock
Lock - black/white
unlock - orange BOTH are in drivers kick panel
door trigger - black/white (-) in Driver kick as well.
dome light is your door trigger wire, same thing.

tach @ coil on engine - Blue AC, usually close to passenger firewall, a 2 pin connecter covered in plastic black boot will have a Tach test connecter. Connecting it there will do the same if u ran it to tach at coil
good luck