Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Need help with Remote start - disarm/rearm factory alarm

Old 01-08-2008, 12:24 PM
Tedmond

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry for not makin it clearer. i was actaully refering to DATA bypass so no keys required, not DATABUS interface; but the company idatalink, they dont offer much for your car. If you wanted to get a bypass that controls all of the following as you mentioned
# DL- Door Lock Control
# DL- Door Unlock ALL doors
# DL- Arm factory security
# DL- Disarm Factory Security
# DL- Trunk / Hatch Release
(this is all done through the "data" lead)

the HODL is the ONLY one taht will do those for you. the XK02 Does NOT offer car status through canbus wires. I would either suggest you go with the HODL bypass or wire everything else up with a Fortin Honda-SL3. The 2001 accord is actaully very easy to do. No need for the expensive canbus data system. All wires are in drivers kick/fusebox and some wires are in the passenger fusebox.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:04 PM
jgojohn

I'm unsure why you are saying that the XK02 won't perform those functions??? If you take another look at the XK02 compatibility chart (http://www.bypasskit.com/chart/XK02.htm), and hover the mouse over a 2001 Accord, it will show that those functions do work my car.
Other functions that the XK02 offers which are not available for my car:
# FOB Door Lock/Unlock Status
# FOB Door Lock/Unlock Activation
# FOB Alarm (Add-On) Arm/Disarm
If you look at the installation manuals for each...... you will see that they both have the exact same wiring harness. Only difference is the XK02 has an additional (optional) D2D connector to simplify wiring to the aftermarket alarm.

In the description of the XK02 manual, it says:
WIRE COLOR: Violet
I/O STATUS : Data
FUNCTIONALITY: Lock/Unlock/Arm/Disarm Via Vehicle Data Wire

So there you go. The XK02 DOES perform those functions for a 2001 Accord. The compatibility chart says it does, and the Installation manual shows how it does. If it does not, I can return it because it would be defective according to the manufacturer.

Still not sure why you agree the HODL does but the XK02 doesn't???
Old 01-08-2008, 05:21 PM
jgojohn

I just realized that the XK02 does not act as an immobilizer bypass, like I previously stated. It ONLY controls Door Lock & Arm/Disarm functions (Just like the HODL).

It is definitely not worth more than $10.

Sorry for the mistake.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:37 PM
Tedmond

if you look @ the compatability chart, the cars in YELLOW are the cars that the unit works with. if you look under 2001 accord, your car isnt YELLOW . its greyed out because that doesnt work. Even if you hover your cursor over, it shows the same info for all cars since that is what the unit is capable of doing.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:27 PM
Misa
Pic Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tedmond
if you look @ the compatability chart, the cars in YELLOW are the cars that the unit works with. if you look under 2001 accord, your car isnt YELLOW . its greyed out because that doesnt work. Even if you hover your cursor over, it shows the same info for all cars since that is what the unit is capable of doing.
grey doesnt mean that it doesnt work... just means that not everything will work.

im going to email or call them and see what help they can offer.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:47 PM
Tedmond

purchasing the kits is kinda waste of money. All wires are easily accessable in DKP and PKP. no wires are needed in the door. Save the money and just buy a simple bypass kit.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:45 PM
jgojohn

Originally Posted by Tedmond
Not true. It does not show the same for all cars.
The ones in GREY work for the car, but don't support all the features (listed below).

The ones in YELLOW support all the functions, including these which the GREY do not:
  • FOB Door Lock/Unlock Status (using D2D only)
  • FOB Door Lock/Unlock Activation (using D2D only)
  • FOB Alarm (Add-On) Arm/Disarm (using D2D only)
If there is NO YELLOW or GREY icon, then the car is not supported.
Compatibility Chart for XK02: http://www.bypasskit.com/chart/XK02.htm

I agree that is a kinda a waste of money. It's not a bypass kit; only a door controller, which can be done by the alarm without the unit.

Last edited by jgojohn; 01-10-2008 at 09:46 PM. Reason: fix typos
Old 01-11-2008, 08:01 AM
Tedmond

are you using the D2D wiring connection from the DEI? im sure DEi hasnt added this to their units yet. They have datalink connection (4 wires) but no D2D yet. Only audiovox has thid and still didnt prefect it. major bugs. I suggest you jgojohn to just wire everything without the purchase of any modules. Just pick up the Fortin Bypass (HONDA-SL3, or SL2 which is discontinued but some places still go them) its about 30 CAD so prolly cheaper in the states.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:06 AM
jgojohn

I would use W2W (wire to wire). I don't have anything else that has a D2D (data 2 data) port. Seems like D2D is the same thing. For other cars, it allows all the features, but their not available for my car anyway. It also makes wiring more simple, and you can flash/upgrade the firmware.

Another reason the XK02 is a bad deal (and any other Xpresskit modules: XK01,XK03,XK04XK05...) is you may need to program it. To program it, you need to buy the USB programmer adapter to connect it to the computer. It is called the XKLoader, and it is $60 (cheapest). The XK02 for example comes with Nissan firmware preloaded, so I would need to flash it with the Honda firmware. That means I would need to spend an extra $60 to do that. What a retarded product.

I ended up buying the PKH2 (generic brand, which doesn't matter since they are made by the same manufacturer). It was $15 shipped.

I would have bought the Fortin HONDA-SL3, but I could not find it for less than $30 plus shipping.

I'm going to have to wire the door locks and such without a factory OEM controller.
Old 01-12-2008, 06:29 PM
Tedmond

if you need any diagrams let me know. the think with XK, you can ask them to flash it then shot. but the PKH2 will do fine. the PKH2 is manufactured by one company, sold to others for them to brand as their own.