Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/audio-security-and-automotive-lighting-30/)
-   -   Need help with Remote start - disarm/rearm factory alarm (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/audio-security-and-automotive-lighting/283778-need-help-with-remote-start-disarm-rearm-factory-alarm.html)

jgojohn 01-05-2008 02:52 PM

Need help with Remote start - disarm/rearm factory alarm

Car: 2001 Accord EX. I'm trying to install an alarm with remote start. It's a Viper 5900, but this applies to Clifford Matrix 50.5X, Python 990, Clarion Ungo SR9000, and many other DEI (Directed Electronics) alarms with remote start. They all have identical wiring schematics. (DEI's customer service sucks for individuals by the way :mad: )

My question is: How do I disarm the factory alarm without unlocking the door locks? This is desired during remote-start.

I know that the EX models arm and disarm with the door locks, and LX only arm with transmitter. Luckily I have an EX. On DEI remote start alarms H2/4 and H2/6 are for rearming and disarming the factory alarm. These are not required if I can arm and disarm the factory alarm simply by letting it use the lock and unlock outputs of the DEI alarm. But, when I use remote-start, I need to disarm it without unlocking the door locks. I guess that is where H2/4 and H2/6 come in, but how can I wire them so that the factory alarm can disarm without unlocking the doors?

note: I'm also using a universal 556u immobilizer bypass, but that doesn't really have anything to do with this. It only bypasses the key's immobilizer so the car starts without a key in the ignition.

Tedmond 01-05-2008 11:16 PM

it is not possible by not disarming the alarm without unlocking. Try it first without unlocking. i did a 98 accord DX and without using factory disarm wires or unlock befor start, it worked fine. Also, why are you worried about the unlock-start-lock, its a process under 10 seconds. you do have the brake shut down wire... In programming program so it will pulse befor start. wire the factory arm and disarm wires with the lock and unlock. so to simplify, FAC ARM with LOCK and FAC DISARM to UNLOCK. Diode isolate both wires with the cathode band towards alarm unit.

jgojohn 01-06-2008 01:59 AM

Guess you're right. If it is only unlocked during cranking, then it doesn't matter. I haven't installed it yet, so I don't know how it'll all work out. And, then there is probably no point to the FAC arm and FAC disarm for this vehicle if it's already take care of by the locks. But now I know how to wire them if I wanted to.
I think I would have passed up using the diodes and killed it, if you didn't tell me. I'll definitely make sure I'll use diodes where needed. Thanks ;)

Question: you said to program so it will pulse before start. Are you talking about the
Programming Feature Number . . . . . 2-10:
FACTORY ALARM DISARM WITH UNLOCK (1), BEFORE UNLOCK (2), REMOTE START ONLY(3)

Tedmond 01-06-2008 02:15 PM

yes taht is correct. Use the function REMOTE START ONLY. and grab 4 diodes. 1N4004 or any 1 amp diode will be fine. Just connect your factory arm together with your locks and factory disarm with your unlock. Place a diode on each line with the white band (cathode) towards the alarm unit.

jgojohn 01-06-2008 06:04 PM

Great. got it; program REMOTE START ONLY and use 1 amp diodes [1N4004]. Thanks so much for the help.

Here is something cool: I stumbled across the XK02 - Immobilizer Bypass and Door Lock Control (more info at http://www.bypasskit.com/product.aspx?prodid=XK02). It looks like it saves some work by communicating to the Factory alarm through a single data cable. It also gives the programming option for: 1st Pulse Unlock Driver Door, 2nd Pulse Unlock All Doors. Just like the factory alarm. Maybe the DEI alarm can already do that without this unit... I don't know?

I already have the 556u, but I don't like that there's a key in the car for someone to steal... and then steel the car. I don't want to use my only extra key, so I need to go get another from the dealer ($25), but I found the XK02 for $46 [buy.com], so I might just go for it. I know there are other good keyless immobilizer bypass modules which can be found on eBay for $20-$25, but this one is integrated with the factory alarm through a simple data cable, which takes care of the door locks - That is nice

EDIT: Sorry, I made a mistake: The XK02 DOES NOT act as an immobilizer bypass. Only as a door lock control module

Misa 01-06-2008 09:36 PM

the 556hw(?) is the honda version that doesnt require a key in the car.

flyromeo3 01-07-2008 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by Jani 5 (Post 3748068)
the 556hw(?) is the honda version that doesnt require a key in the car.

556HU?

Tedmond 01-07-2008 02:49 PM

its actaully 555hw. You can pick up IMO the best bypass kit i have used which is the Fortin HONDA-SL3. Dont bother going with data kits because 1) you are simply wasting money and 2) that kit doesnt even work with your car. Its nice to use DATABUS systesm on NEWER cars over 2004. Since yours is a 2001, a RS/alarm and data will not work and it just cost more money. Just hardwire everything to the specified wires from the remote start to the proper wires on the vehicle and you should be good. Go with fortin, its cheaper but quality is amazing. the kit by bypasskits.com for honda is the
PKH34 which is a PITA to use. btw these are ALL DATA BYPASS so no keys required. Just one master to program.

the best bypass kit i ONLY use are
Fortin Electronics (www.ifar.ca)
iDataLink ADS-TBSL-HA which is honda specific (www.idatalink.com)

jgojohn 01-07-2008 10:46 PM

Thanks for the advice Tedmond, but I don't think you are talking about the same thing. It is not using DATABUS. It is using a "data" wire. At bypasskits there are two products for my car (2001 Accord) which use a "data" wire that communicates with the factory alarm.
http://www.bypasskit.com/wizard.aspx...rd&yearid=2001
They are the XK02 and the HODL. You can check out there manuals to see what I'm talking about.

Compatibility Charts
HODL - http://www.bypasskit.com/chart/HODL.htm
XK02 - http://www.bypasskit.com/chart/XK02.htm

Both compatibility charts specifically say these functions work for my car:
# DL- Door Lock Control
# DL- Door Unlock ALL doors
# DL- Arm factory security
# DL- Disarm Factory Security
# DL- Trunk / Hatch Release
(this is all done through the "data" lead)

Unfortunately the HODL is only meant for that, and does not act as an immobilizer bypass. I would need another bypass unit to make this work.

The XK02 is a DEI product made by XpressKit (xpresskit.com). Their website has the same compatibility chart as the one at bypasskit.com (above)

The ADS-TBSL-HA only does the door lock functions for 03 and up (like you said)
None of the Fortin kits I could find will control door locks for my car.
Also, the PKH43 does not fit my car (it's the PKH2)

So I have three options: (1) the XK02, (2) the HODL with an immob. bypass unit, or (3) wire everything myself and use any bypass kit that will do the job.

I'll probably go with the XK02 (or the HODL + another bypass if it is cheaper)

EDIT: Sorry, I made a mistake: The XK02 DOES NOT act as an immobilizer bypass. Only as a door lock control module

jgojohn 01-07-2008 11:33 PM

I don't know if the 556HW (not 556HU) is still made. You can still by it everywhere, but it is no longer on the manufacturer's website.

I found out that the PKH2 and HODL are sold to many different companies (including BypassKit.com) who stamp their names on it for resale. I think the company who develops it is Omega Research & Development - Not positive though.