Old 01-12-2008, 11:06 AM
jgojohn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would use W2W (wire to wire). I don't have anything else that has a D2D (data 2 data) port. Seems like D2D is the same thing. For other cars, it allows all the features, but their not available for my car anyway. It also makes wiring more simple, and you can flash/upgrade the firmware.

Another reason the XK02 is a bad deal (and any other Xpresskit modules: XK01,XK03,XK04XK05...) is you may need to program it. To program it, you need to buy the USB programmer adapter to connect it to the computer. It is called the XKLoader, and it is $60 (cheapest). The XK02 for example comes with Nissan firmware preloaded, so I would need to flash it with the Honda firmware. That means I would need to spend an extra $60 to do that. What a retarded product.

I ended up buying the PKH2 (generic brand, which doesn't matter since they are made by the same manufacturer). It was $15 shipped.

I would have bought the Fortin HONDA-SL3, but I could not find it for less than $30 plus shipping.

I'm going to have to wire the door locks and such without a factory OEM controller.