Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

odessey stereo

Old 11-11-2007, 01:25 PM
russianpsyco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default odessey stereo

my friend got an 05 odessey and the stereo is kinda messed up. he put a cd into it and after trying to read it the stereo said it had a machine error. when he pushes the cd button to switch the source it doesnt do anything and it doesnt eject the cd either.

another thing is he got the dvd player stolen out of it. he wants to buy another one but he says that he cant find a harness that it was originally hooked up to. he went to a shop and they told him that it connects to the head unit wirelessly. i dont think that true but even if it was theres got to be a plug for the power at least. anybody know anything about either the cd or the dvd player?

Thanks
Old 11-11-2007, 06:19 PM
Tedmond

if anything, the dvd would be wired through an FM modulator that is hardwired to the deck. He would have to tune to a certain rado station for sound to come through. No interferance becasue its hardwired -straight into deck.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:45 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

The kit for the CD player is a bit expensive I think. Haven't looked it up in a while. Either way, just replace it. I believe the 05+ Odyssey needs an antenna adapter in addition to the regular kit and harness.

Does the vehicle have a sunroof?
Old 11-13-2007, 10:02 AM
mr22na
Miss It.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by totalimmortal
The kit for the CD player is a bit expensive I think. Haven't looked it up in a while. Either way, just replace it. I believe the 05+ Odyssey needs an antenna adapter in addition to the regular kit and harness.

Does the vehicle have a sunroof?
the 05+ odyssey radiop can not be replaced. the heating controls are built into it... that is unless i have not yet came across a dash kit that kits it.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:49 PM
russianpsyco

no it doesnt have a sunroof. I have to replace the whole stereo because of this machine error?