Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Audio Questions 2003CLs

Old 11-13-2007, 09:05 AM
bkiba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audio Questions 2003CLs

I posted this in the CL forum and got no response. I also noticed the DICE module here so I would ask the same question below in regards to the DICE ipod integration device - will it work in my car

I have a 2 fold question.

First, has anyone successfully used one of these guys:
http://www.logjamelectronics.com/blitzhonauxdmxv1.html
I tried to register on their website forum, but the admin has to personally approve all logins or something. Reading the comments from others on the forum it seems like there is some fine detail to which stereo you have, etc.

I have a 2003 3.2 acura CL-s w/ a factory 6-cd changer.

Second, the stereo controls on the steering wheel are totally f-d up. It has been this way a while now, usually any of the buttons will have a random function (volume up/down or change), but mroe often any of the buttons has the change CD function. It seems like there are sweet spots when the steering wheel is rotated a certain amount that the buttons work like they should (I noticed this at the gas station last night).

I read about this before and someone said the contacts might be dirty. I took the housing apart and cleaned the dirt off the contacts and still is not working. Is there a solvent I should use? There is a lot of clear grease on the contact surfaces. Suggestions please -

Ben

Last edited by bkiba; 11-13-2007 at 09:07 AM.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:25 PM
bkiba

Default Radio control problem

Ok I called the dealer today regarding the problem I'm having with the steering wheel radio controls problem I mentioned. I've already taken the buttons apart and cleaned the contacts and that didn't work. The dealer said that there is some loose connection or something that needs to be crimped down inside the steering column. Does anyone have any idea how to approach this?
Old 11-14-2007, 10:01 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

Being that you have an in-dash 6-disc, you're missing the crucial CD Changer control plug.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:31 AM
bkiba

Thanks for the reply-

Could you elaborate a little more. The controls used to work and just began to malfunction over time until they became completley unusable.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:22 AM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

My reply was about then iPod integration, as far as I know it can't be done because you have the in-dash 6 disc.

As for the steering wheel controls. Maybe try some Deox-It from radioshack, but aside from that it may be easier to find a replacement from eBay or a Junkyard.