Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Alpine CDA-9883

Old 09-13-2007, 04:30 PM
DarkStarr
Shake n Bake!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Alpine CDA-9883

Well, if you remember I was looking for the right head unit for my Prelude. Finally decided on this. Excuse the quality, night shot FTL.

Last edited by DarkStarr; 09-13-2007 at 04:35 PM.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:33 PM
DarkStarr
Shake n Bake!

My apologies on the size.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:34 AM
mr22na
Miss It.

that deck is very nice. Ipod hook up is sweetness
Old 09-14-2007, 01:25 PM
DarkStarr
Shake n Bake!

Originally Posted by mr22na
that deck is very nice. Ipod hook up is sweetness
Ipod adapter = $30 ftl .. maybe Ill have my local geek squad insider pick one up for me ..and that $90 bluetooth adapter..

Next thing on my list is Type R 6x9s, or if I have the money, get the Type R fronts at the same time.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:14 AM
mr22na
Miss It.

Originally Posted by darkstarr
Ipod adapter = $30 ftl .. maybe Ill have my local geek squad insider pick one up for me ..and that $90 bluetooth adapter..

Next thing on my list is Type R 6x9s, or if I have the money, get the Type R fronts at the same time.
yes the type R;s very nice iv put them in your car many times before. (not your car but you know what i mean) BUT if you are NOT going to run a 4 channel amp to them dont bother with them. they are POWER hungry!...if you dont wanna mess around with an amp go with the Type S speakers. those are very nice to. you wont get the mid bass with them as much as the R's but they are nice.

mrp-f450 is a nice 4 channel amp for the R's. you can get it online for around 200$ or at best buy for like 300$.

if you want any more suggestions im always on. (as you may already know)

i know quite a bit about car audio.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:29 AM
DarkStarr
Shake n Bake!

Type R's are definetly the way to go in my mind, and I like to keep my options open, therefore I usually do not go with the lower end product (type S).

Im doing everything in pieces, so I do plan on doing the interior at some point. Headunit>>Interior Speakers>>2 Type X's w/ Type X amp>>then amp interiors probably at the same time as subs.

In my Accord I had two Rockford 15's powered by some Rockford high powered amp, I forget the models on both of those, but I loved the sound I was getting. Then my friend gave me a midrange sony amp to power the interiors and I have to say it did sound very very nice, so I can only imagine what the Prelude will be like when it is done.

I am open to suggestions and comments you have, I do not doubt your knowledge.. but just remember, I dont carry over attitudes or feelings from other threads (touch screen for example) so I dont want you to think I am just flopping around. What happens in a thread stays in that thread with me :shrug:
Old 09-15-2007, 01:21 PM
mr22na
Miss It.

Type R's are definetly the way to go in my mind, and I like to keep my options open, therefore I usually do not go with the lower end product (type S).

Im doing everything in pieces, so I do plan on doing the interior at some point. Headunit>>Interior Speakers>>2 Type X's w/ Type X amp>>then amp interiors probably at the same time as subs.

In my Accord I had two Rockford 15's powered by some Rockford high powered amp, I forget the models on both of those, but I loved the sound I was getting. Then my friend gave me a midrange sony amp to power the interiors and I have to say it did sound very very nice, so I can only imagine what the Prelude will be like when it is done.

I am open to suggestions and comments you have, I do not doubt your knowledge.. but just remember, I dont carry over attitudes or feelings from other threads (touch screen for example) so I dont want you to think I am just flopping around. What happens in a thread stays in that thread with me :shrug:

well for starters two type X subs will be over kill IMO in a prelude. unless your going for two tens, but one 12 would be sufficient. and cheaper.

One X wired down to 1 ohm with the proper amp would be very nice. the X can handle 1000-1500 watts RMS daily. ( rated i think 1000RMS) i had a single type R 12 at 900watts RMS and it was fine. (R is rated at 500rms)

if it was my car i would do the subs last. I would do the deck ( you have), speakers (type R's which you want, make sure to get the components for the front for some vocals.). Next i would get the 4 channel amp for the speakers, before the subs. REASON being- the type X will drown out your vocals like WHOA. you will most likely distort the crap out of the R's from the "dirty" wattage from the deck. get a nice clean amp that pushes AT LEAST 70 watts RMS to each R.
Next i would worry about your subs and amp. BUT before you do that UP GRADE your Battery wire going from your alternator to your battery and also your battery ground. upgrade all to 4 AWG wire. Dont worry about a CAP. they are useless. if you want proof i can supply it. instead of wasting money on a CAP. upgrade your Alternator.

going back to the Number of subs you choose. remember that the type X needs a LOT of air space, using two will create a NO TRUNK affect. If you are ok with that awesome. BUT also remember that using two X's you will need one HUGE amp that can push 2000-2500 RMS @ 2 OHMS or two amps that can push 1200 watts @ 1 OHM. Hiphonic's makes some good affordable amps. look into those. or even power acrostic.

im sure i forgot a lot to mention. but ask away i love car audio, and im still learning too.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:40 PM
DarkStarr
Shake n Bake!

Originally Posted by mr22na
well for starters two type X subs will be over kill IMO in a prelude. unless your going for two tens, but one 12 would be sufficient. and cheaper.
Trust me, I want two X 12's. I am not satisfied unless I feel the music, not just hear it. I became addicted to that when I had my RF 15's. I know one 12 would be cheaper, but, I would not be happy with that.

One X wired down to 1 ohm with the proper amp would be very nice. the X can handle 1000-1500 watts RMS daily. ( rated i think 1000RMS) i had a single type R 12 at 900watts RMS and it was fine. (R is rated at 500rms)
The amp I want, which I would get two of to power both subs, would be the Alpine PDX 1.1000. I would get one per sub. Yeah its a bit expensive (cheaper on ebay), but hey, thats what I wanna go for.

To power the interior speakers I would most likely go with the PDX 4.100.

Once all that is done, I will most likely look into upgrading my headunit to the double din IVA-W205.

if it was my car i would do the subs last. I would do the deck ( you have), speakers (type R's which you want, make sure to get the components for the front for some vocals.). Next i would get the 4 channel amp for the speakers, before the subs. REASON being- the type X will drown out your vocals like WHOA. you will most likely distort the crap out of the R's from the "dirty" wattage from the deck. get a nice clean amp that pushes AT LEAST 70 watts RMS to each R.
Noted, and understood. We'll see what Im feeling at that time

Next i would worry about your subs and amp. BUT before you do that UP GRADE your Battery wire going from your alternator to your battery and also your battery ground. upgrade all to 4 AWG wire. Dont worry about a CAP. they are useless. if you want proof i can supply it. instead of wasting money on a CAP. upgrade your Alternator.
0 AWG

Good point with the alternator. Don't need proof with the cap, I found that out myself.

going back to the Number of subs you choose. remember that the type X needs a LOT of air space, using two will create a NO TRUNK affect. If you are ok with that awesome. BUT also remember that using two X's you will need one HUGE amp that can push 2000-2500 RMS @ 2 OHMS or two amps that can push 1200 watts @ 1 OHM. Hiphonic's makes some good affordable amps. look into those. or even power acrostic.
I love the no-trunk affect

im sure i forgot a lot to mention. but ask away i love car audio, and im still learning too.
Feel free to chime in with any new ideas as well

Last edited by DarkStarr; 09-16-2007 at 11:18 AM.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:26 AM
mr22na
Miss It.

Trust me, I want two X 12's. I am not satisfied unless I feel the music, not just hear it. I became addicted to that when I had my RF 15's. I know one 12 would be cheaper, but, I would not be happy with that.

The amp I want, which I would get two of to power both subs, would be the Alpine PDX 1.1000. I would get one sub. Yeah its a bit expensive (cheaper on ebay), but hey, thats what I wanna go for.

To power the interior speakers I would most likely go with the PDX 4.100.

Once all that is done, I will most likely look into upgrading my headunit to the double din IVA-W205.

Noted, and understood. We'll see what Im feeling at that time

0 AWG

Good point with the alternator. Don't need proof with the cap, I found that out myself.

I love the no-trunk affect

Feel free to chime in with any new ideas as well

i love it a real audio head!!
Old 09-16-2007, 06:52 PM
mr22na
Miss It.

i knew i forgot something..

1st thing you should do...

DYNAMAT!!! hondas shack rattle and roll...