Thread: Alpine CDA-9883
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007, 04:40 PM
DarkStarr
Shake n Bake!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mr22na
well for starters two type X subs will be over kill IMO in a prelude. unless your going for two tens, but one 12 would be sufficient. and cheaper.
Trust me, I want two X 12's. I am not satisfied unless I feel the music, not just hear it. I became addicted to that when I had my RF 15's. I know one 12 would be cheaper, but, I would not be happy with that.

One X wired down to 1 ohm with the proper amp would be very nice. the X can handle 1000-1500 watts RMS daily. ( rated i think 1000RMS) i had a single type R 12 at 900watts RMS and it was fine. (R is rated at 500rms)
The amp I want, which I would get two of to power both subs, would be the Alpine PDX 1.1000. I would get one per sub. Yeah its a bit expensive (cheaper on ebay), but hey, thats what I wanna go for.

To power the interior speakers I would most likely go with the PDX 4.100.

Once all that is done, I will most likely look into upgrading my headunit to the double din IVA-W205.

if it was my car i would do the subs last. I would do the deck ( you have), speakers (type R's which you want, make sure to get the components for the front for some vocals.). Next i would get the 4 channel amp for the speakers, before the subs. REASON being- the type X will drown out your vocals like WHOA. you will most likely distort the crap out of the R's from the "dirty" wattage from the deck. get a nice clean amp that pushes AT LEAST 70 watts RMS to each R.
Noted, and understood. We'll see what Im feeling at that time

Next i would worry about your subs and amp. BUT before you do that UP GRADE your Battery wire going from your alternator to your battery and also your battery ground. upgrade all to 4 AWG wire. Dont worry about a CAP. they are useless. if you want proof i can supply it. instead of wasting money on a CAP. upgrade your Alternator.
0 AWG

Good point with the alternator. Don't need proof with the cap, I found that out myself.

going back to the Number of subs you choose. remember that the type X needs a LOT of air space, using two will create a NO TRUNK affect. If you are ok with that awesome. BUT also remember that using two X's you will need one HUGE amp that can push 2000-2500 RMS @ 2 OHMS or two amps that can push 1200 watts @ 1 OHM. Hiphonic's makes some good affordable amps. look into those. or even power acrostic.
I love the no-trunk affect

im sure i forgot a lot to mention. but ask away i love car audio, and im still learning too.
Feel free to chime in with any new ideas as well

Last edited by DarkStarr; 09-16-2007 at 11:18 AM.