Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

alarms...

Old 08-27-2002, 12:47 PM
JJJ784
No Soup For You!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the usual "goodie" stuff. the basics that you NEED. start and ignition kill and some other options. i trust clifford. i recall arch iceman uses clifford in his own personal cars and he believes that a car can't be jacked unless by flatbed. i feel he knows what he's talking about plus my bro's got one and i like it. also, the IG 7000 comes with that cool carbon fiber remote. hehehe... one reason why i'm getting that instead of the 6000 or other "lower" models.
Old 08-27-2002, 10:16 PM
OneToughCivic

Originally posted by JJJ784
also, the IG 7000 comes with that cool carbon fiber remote. hehehe... one reason why i'm getting that instead of the 6000 or other "lower" models.
are you speaking of this?

Old 08-27-2002, 10:42 PM
dantastic
cx power!

clifford G4 all the way. do NOT get the matrix series. theyre just viper brains with clifford remotes.

for the ultimate protection:
ATLEAST the IG8000 (sensors adj. by remote)
and add the following accessories
-G4 clifford smart powered siren (doesnt need a key)
-G4 prox sensor (std on the 8000)
-G4 dual stage omni sensor
-G4 glass tamp. sensor (the prox doesnt reach the rear windows)
-G4 tilt sensor (rims etc)

should run about $600-700 installed.

you can also add the g4 remote start, which is OK to use with manual cars, and allows the stock clutch safety switch to operate.
Old 08-27-2002, 11:16 PM
steveng

Originally posted by dantastic
clifford G4 all the way. do NOT get the matrix series. theyre just viper brains with clifford remotes.

for the ultimate protection:
ATLEAST the IG8000 (sensors adj. by remote)
and add the following accessories
-G4 clifford smart powered siren (doesnt need a key)
-G4 prox sensor (std on the 8000)
-G4 dual stage omni sensor
-G4 glass tamp. sensor (the prox doesnt reach the rear windows)
-G4 tilt sensor (rims etc)

should run about $600-700 installed.

you can also add the g4 remote start, which is OK to use with manual cars, and allows the stock clutch safety switch to operate.
from what i know, omni sensor and proxy sensor are the same thing. i just had alpine sec-150 installed this afternoon. and to be honest with you, you don't really need glass sensor if you already have prox sensor and the opposite is true. why? because if someone breaks your windows, he is gonna get in the car and once his arm or leg is in, the inner proxy will detect it which will eventually set off the alarm. with the prox in ur car, you can literally leave all windows open and go to sleep without worrying.
to test my theory, the installer and i did a small experiment on the prox this afternoon. we left all four windows open with the car armed and assumed that there is a camera, he wanted to steal in, on the seat. once he reached his arm inside the car before he had a chance to grab the camera, the alarm was set off.
that was less than 5 seconds. so you see how prox works. IMO, glass sensor is a waste of money, if you have prox sensor. i mean you can have either one since they are very good devices, but having both is a waste
Old 08-28-2002, 05:34 PM
JJJ784
No Soup For You!

Originally posted by OneToughCivic
are you speaking of this?

nope.. the OTHER carbon fiber one. the FIVE button master remote. hehee... i think that's the best looking remote. btw, i'm gonna get the IG 8000 instead. only $260 woohoooo
Old 08-28-2002, 07:03 PM
OneToughCivic

awww dammit - mine's only got 4 buttons :wtc:
Old 08-28-2002, 07:23 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by steveng

Alpine alarm is expensive? dude, you must get messed up with names. Clifford G4 is the most expensive alarm, not Alpine's. alpine has two alarms this year, Sec-150 and Sec-100. 150, the higher model which has proxy sensor, costs only 150 "CND". and of course this does not include any extra features, except proxy sensor, which is the best in the market. if you like, u can read alpine site for further details. btw, I have alpine sec-150 with viper glass sensor, shock sensor, hood/trunk pins, clifford digital tilt sensor, backup battery, backup siren for 700 CND installed.:thumbup:
Well, my bimmer buddies over at the dtmpower all swear by the Alpine alarms. They've said Clifford is not the same old Clifford, who were bought by DEI (Viper, Python, etc.) and now have the same basic internals as Viper alarms with just the Clifford branding.

Not that Viper stuff is bad...in fact, it's very good. But if you're paying a premium because it's Clifford, might as well get the Viper equivalent since it's pretty much the same. :dunno: They said the Alpine 8040, 8026, 8080, and 8081 work great. I'm looking to upgrade very soon, I don't want to say "Damn, if only I installed a better alarm".
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 08-28-2002, 07:38 PM
steveng

since i installed the alpine sec-150, i've sworn by alpine as well. and all installers i've met swear by alpine too. an installer who has installed alarms for 15 years said that, the failing rate for alpine alarm is the lowest amongst all brands. he could install 100 alpine's and only one would be defective. so anyway, i personally like alpine a lot
Old 08-28-2002, 08:39 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by steveng
since i installed the alpine sec-150, i've sworn by alpine as well. and all installers i've met swear by alpine too. an installer who has installed alarms for 15 years said that, the failing rate for alpine alarm is the lowest amongst all brands. he could install 100 alpine's and only one would be defective. so anyway, i personally like alpine a lot
:thumbup: :werd: :beer:
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 08-30-2002, 08:40 PM
arch iceman

Originally posted by JJJ784
i recall arch iceman uses clifford in his own personal cars and he believes that a car can't be jacked unless by flatbed. i feel he knows what he's talking about plus my bro's got one and i like it.

Quick Reply: alarms...