Thread: alarms...
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2002, 07:23 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by steveng

Alpine alarm is expensive? dude, you must get messed up with names. Clifford G4 is the most expensive alarm, not Alpine's. alpine has two alarms this year, Sec-150 and Sec-100. 150, the higher model which has proxy sensor, costs only 150 "CND". and of course this does not include any extra features, except proxy sensor, which is the best in the market. if you like, u can read alpine site for further details. btw, I have alpine sec-150 with viper glass sensor, shock sensor, hood/trunk pins, clifford digital tilt sensor, backup battery, backup siren for 700 CND installed.:thumbup:
Well, my bimmer buddies over at the dtmpower all swear by the Alpine alarms. They've said Clifford is not the same old Clifford, who were bought by DEI (Viper, Python, etc.) and now have the same basic internals as Viper alarms with just the Clifford branding.

Not that Viper stuff is bad...in fact, it's very good. But if you're paying a premium because it's Clifford, might as well get the Viper equivalent since it's pretty much the same. :dunno: They said the Alpine 8040, 8026, 8080, and 8081 work great. I'm looking to upgrade very soon, I don't want to say "Damn, if only I installed a better alarm".
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net