Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

alarms...

Old 08-30-2002, 08:46 PM
arch iceman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by MaxBoosT

Well, my bimmer buddies over at the dtmpower all swear by the Alpine alarms. They've said Clifford is not the same old Clifford, who were bought by DEI (Viper, Python, etc.) and now have the same basic internals as Viper alarms with just the Clifford branding.
Alpines are great alarms as well. I use Clifford on all of our show and competition vehicles, and Alpines on one of my personal cars.

As far as Clifford not being the same as the old Cliffords it depends on what models youre looking at. The only Cliffords that were designed by DEI is the new Matrix series of alarms.

If you look at the Intelleguard, Concept, G4, Solaris, and the Avant Guard series its the original Clifford design, technology, and components which are still better than any other alarm out there on the market in my opinion.

Most people dont have an opportunity to take a Clifford master certification course, so I'll explain one demo we did. We broke open a couple of brand new Viper and Python alarms and remotes and looked at thier internal components fresh out of thier retail boxes. We did the same with the Clifford models mentioned above, you can tell they were developed completely different.
Old 08-31-2002, 06:56 PM
Dunbar

The easiest way to tell which DEI owned alarms are the same and different is to look at the install manuals available on the website. Anything G4 is unique to Clifford, Matrix is DEI with a Clifford remote.
Old 09-10-2002, 10:40 AM
speshuled619

where are you guys finding these killer deals on the clifford alarms w/o install? id like to jump on it.
Old 09-10-2002, 10:54 AM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by arch iceman

Alpines are great alarms as well. I use Clifford on all of our show and competition vehicles, and Alpines on one of my personal cars.

As far as Clifford not being the same as the old Cliffords it depends on what models youre looking at. The only Cliffords that were designed by DEI is the new Matrix series of alarms.

If you look at the Intelleguard, Concept, G4, Solaris, and the Avant Guard series its the original Clifford design, technology, and components which are still better than any other alarm out there on the market in my opinion.

Most people dont have an opportunity to take a Clifford master certification course, so I'll explain one demo we did. We broke open a couple of brand new Viper and Python alarms and remotes and looked at thier internal components fresh out of thier retail boxes. We did the same with the Clifford models mentioned above, you can tell they were developed completely different.
:thumbup:
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net