Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

2.5 RL Climate Control in a 90 Accord?

Old 02-03-2004, 10:43 AM
DBookatay
"Can I get a hoo-ha?"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.5 RL Climate Control in a 90 Accord?

I have a 90 Accord 4 door that is undergoing a MAJOR rework; shaved door handles. moldings, emblems, ect... suicide rear doors, shaved gas door all the good stuff. Mini Cooper Type S side vents, Subaru 2.5 GT hood scoop, Mits Galant molded spoiler, S2000 front seats, Integra 2 door tail lights, A TON of S#%T...

Here's my question though. I'm in the process of building a custom dash, where the instrument cluster (Dakota Digital gauges) are located in the center of the dash, above the radio and climate controls. I want to swap the stock Accord controls with a 2.5 RL, simply because its digital. My car is a daily driver, or else Id say forget it and not have heat/AC at all.

On my Accord the only mechanical part of the gauge it the temperature knob, which depending on which was you turn it controls weather its hot or cold. Is there a way that I could somehow control it electrically like in a newer Acura? Then the rest would be fairly easy, just a WHOLE LOT of soldering...

Any comments please let me know...
Old 02-04-2004, 11:03 AM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the newer cars with electronic temperature control use a stepper motor to move a cable for the valve under the hood and the "flapper" inside the air plenum under the dash. You'd need that motor for the swap to control the existing temperature cables in your car.

I have a digital climate control out of a 97 Acura CL if you want it. The only thing is that the plastic over the display has a crack in it... it functions fine... you'll just need a new face for it. I'll sell it for like $30 if you want it. They are sold from the dealer in 2 pieces, the computer part and the switch/display part. From the dealer, the combined price of the 2 parts is $900.