Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Its all a game of torque.

Old 02-04-2003, 08:21 AM
Tenzo
Mazada RX8 *drools*

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Its all a game of torque.

Look we all know that torque is the key to get from point a to point b. Well who heres knows how to get good bottom end torque out of a H22 ? Im talking internals/bolt ons/machine work...etc basicly ANYTHING that gives more torque. Let me know your opinions and experiences. Im going to be taking a honda auto class next semester so I will have access to lifts/machines/air tools so I want to see what parts I need to save up for to build my engine.

Thanks again.
Old 02-04-2003, 03:45 PM
90AccordEX4

Longer Stroke, basically a bigger engine... that's what you need. A 2.2L 4-cyl. is just NOT going to have that much torque. Well, supercharger would help... or a smal turbo.
Old 02-04-2003, 04:10 PM
Tenzo
Mazada RX8 *drools*

Originally posted by 90AccordEX4
Longer Stroke, basically a bigger engine... that's what you need. A 2.2L 4-cyl. is just NOT going to have that much torque. Well, supercharger would help... or a smal turbo.
Im looking to AVOID forced injection. I know there has to be some engine parts that will increase launch. Maybe cams? cam gears? There has to be something haha.

****t ill even trade top end for bottom end, Anything lol

lemme know
Old 02-04-2003, 05:19 PM
AcuraFanatic

Originally posted by Tenzo
Im looking to AVOID forced injection. I know there has to be some engine parts that will increase launch. Maybe cams? cam gears? There has to be something haha.

****t ill even trade top end for bottom end, Anything lol

lemme know
Cams would do it. If you have an aggressive lift duration, you can gain a fairly good dose of torque. Another possibility you may want to consider is purchasing a VTEC controller (Apex I believe makes one). This wouldn't help torque much, but applying VTEC lift at 2500-3000RPM will significantly increase the pull you feel at lower revs. Beyond that, your biggest gain would be to A) Overbore the engine or B) Get a fat supercharger on there.
Old 02-04-2003, 07:45 PM
F23A4_AcCoRdude

all things without forced induction will increase torque by only a little bit. Overboring the engine, etc will cost way too much, so i dont know why you wouldnt go with a supercharger. Unlike a turbo which uses exhaust gas exitting the engine, supercharger is always on from the very beginning of the rpm spectrum all the way to redline. for H22a, jackson racing makes superchargers that are emissions legal and very reliable for daily use. Also, it wont cost a fortune like performing major engine mods.
Old 02-04-2003, 09:51 PM
Bl@ck
Sinner

Originally posted by F23A4_AcCoRdude
all things without forced induction will increase torque by only a little bit. Overboring the engine, etc will cost way too much, so i dont know why you wouldnt go with a supercharger. Unlike a turbo which uses exhaust gas exitting the engine, supercharger is always on from the very beginning of the rpm spectrum all the way to redline. for H22a, jackson racing makes superchargers that are emissions legal and very reliable for daily use. Also, it wont cost a fortune like performing major engine mods.
if you look at his sig you'll see that this is a 94 accord. simply put there is no way to put a JRSC in this vehicle, h22 or not, without cutting a huge hole in the firewall. there's simply not enough room between the engine and firewall for it to fit. which is probably why JR doesn't make a JRSC for the 5th gen accord.

if this guy decides to go FI, then turbo is his only way.
Old 02-05-2003, 01:11 PM
98AccordEX
Banned

bore it to a 2.6. no other way other than FI. displacement is the key to torque. thats why V8 5.0L have so much torque
Old 02-05-2003, 01:29 PM
jschmid

Originally posted by 98AccordEX
bore it to a 2.6. no other way other than FI. displacement is the key to torque. thats why V8 5.0L have so much torque
:werd:
If you want torque buy a Z28 or GT (I never would though )

Sorry I have nothing helpful on gaining torque on H22. Like said, more displacement is key.
Old 02-06-2003, 08:12 AM
Tenzo
Mazada RX8 *drools*

Originally posted by 98AccordEX
Say I were to bore it to a 2.4. How much would it cost parts/labor for the hole job? Anyone done this before? Im really interested in this and im very serious about doing it. Like I stated in my 1st post im going to have access to lots of tools/time to work on my car next semester.

Lemme hear what ya think.
Old 02-06-2003, 08:13 AM
AcuraFanatic

Originally posted by Tenzo
Say I were to bore it to a 2.4. How much would it cost parts/labor for the hole job? Anyone done this before? Im really interested in this and im very serious about doing it. Like I stated in my 1st post im going to have access to lots of tools/time to work on my car next semester.

Lemme hear what ya think.
A lot. More than the car is worth. It's a question if you want to keep this 9-year old family sedan you like a lot.