Notices
Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Remote starter

Old 12-08-2007, 04:57 PM
Tedmond

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

totalimmortality is correct. DEI products are only lifetime guarenteed when they are installed professionally by Authorized dealers. I trust compustar. Im not a big fan of DEI products, but they are amazing though. Compustar pro is sure a heavy price tag, but feature wise and duability, cant go wrong. If you want to waste a key, u can use a 555uw or 555u. I suggest u get a DEI 555hw, which is the correct KEYLESS bypass module to allow remote start. If you want diagrams for ur car, i can easily get them for you. I can also help u get ur alarm installed. as the post above, Its only tricky to get the RF ring around if u use KIB, when using keyless, the wires are tapped into the DATA and SYNCRO wires on the car saving time and the key. As for the factory disarm (EX) there are actaul disarm wires on passenger fusebox (blue) no need to go into door and use keysense.
Old 12-08-2007, 05:02 PM
Tedmond

kk so to summarize everything, grab a compustar or scytek unit. scytek offers warrenty for self installs and is about 150 for 2way alarm and pager (galaxy 5000 2w) or any compustar. As for bypass modules i have only used the following brands. Bypasskits, Omega, Fortin, idatalink. For hondas the cheapest and most reliable source of bypass modules would be the Fortin Honda-SL3. Its simple 3 wire hookup, 5 second programming and doesnt require u to waste a key ! just one needed for programming.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:54 PM
Gavilagon

Default Viper 5740v remote start

Hello.. I have 2000 LX honda accord V6, automatic. I installed a viper 5740v and im having trouble with the remote start. I press the remonte start and the car cranks but it wont stay on.
Does it have to do with programing?
Did i maybe wire the remote start incorrectly? (The kill switch works)
Do i need a module?

Any help would be grealty appreciated

Originally Posted by Tedmond
totalimmortality is correct. DEI products are only lifetime guarenteed when they are installed professionally by Authorized dealers. I trust compustar. Im not a big fan of DEI products, but they are amazing though. Compustar pro is sure a heavy price tag, but feature wise and duability, cant go wrong. If you want to waste a key, u can use a 555uw or 555u. I suggest u get a DEI 555hw, which is the correct KEYLESS bypass module to allow remote start. If you want diagrams for ur car, i can easily get them for you. I can also help u get ur alarm installed. as the post above, Its only tricky to get the RF ring around if u use KIB, when using keyless, the wires are tapped into the DATA and SYNCRO wires on the car saving time and the key. As for the factory disarm (EX) there are actaul disarm wires on passenger fusebox (blue) no need to go into door and use keysense.
Old 12-21-2013, 02:51 AM
Agucua

I believe almost any car can have a remote starter put in it. Just go to best Buy and chack out the prices. I had one put in my previous car and I want to say I paid around $500 for it all. The install takes a long time, especially if someone is doing it the right way (wrapping all the wires, soldering, etc). I believe it took around 8 hours to get it done. It is an all day job