Notices

2003 Accord Knock sensor + various other issues

Old 12-28-2013, 11:20 AM
Naveen_jaina

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Accord Knock sensor + various other issues

Hello,

I just recently had to get the starter replaced on my 2003 accord. Just a few minutes after getting it replaced, the CEL came on and few days later while driving, all the dashboard gauges (fuel, temp gauges) randomly dropped and the radio turned off itself, then eveything came back on after few minutes. It seems to be happening intermittently, while the CEL is always on. I checked the codes with the scanner and it's givnig me P0325 code for the knock sensor. Now before I get the sensor replaced, I was wondering if it's possible to accidently damage the knock sensor while my mechanic replaced the starter? Also, if the the issue with the gauges dropping is related to the knock sensor, or is it a completly different problem I need to get fixed?

Thanks
Old 12-28-2013, 09:16 PM
Naveen_jaina

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This evening when I was driving my car, first the seat belt light came on, followed by the ABS, parking brake...I pulled over to a nearby parking lot and the car started startling...and barely made it to park. Tried starting it again once, it didn't start. I tried starting it again after couple of hours, it started fine, all gauges and accessories working find....can't figure out what the problem is. I am going to change the battery tomorrow and try reproducing the problem again, but don't really believe it's related to the battery...Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.