Notices

Ziptech O2 Simulator.... Review..

Old 08-21-2003, 12:24 AM
BrandonClaps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ziptech O2 Simulator.... Review..

Well I've got a 2000 Si, with a test pipe, that was obviously throwing a CEL for my 2nd o2 sensor. Well I tried that resistor/capacitor trick, and well obviously it didn't work otherwise i wouldn't be making this post. I believe it only works for OBD1 vehicles so if anyone wants it just pay for shipping and it's yours.

Well after looking at a check engine light for a few weeks I did some research and found out that the Ziptech o2 Simulator was only one that I could find that tapped into everything needed to correctly simulate the o2 sensor. TPS/RPM/O2.

Well I ordered it up on Monday, and recieved it today, very prompt shipping and well packaged. Couldn't wait to install it. Took me about 30 minutes to install with all soldered connections. Very detailed instructions. I had a question and it was answered withing a few hours through email. Excellent customer service.

I had a great experience, so I thought I might as well let everyone else know.
Old 08-21-2003, 12:35 AM
Kai
Rotorphile.

So it works well then?
Old 08-21-2003, 01:01 AM
BrandonClaps

yep, no CEL, alllll good ;]
Old 08-21-2003, 05:58 AM
dawrenn

Default Re: Ziptech O2 Simulator.... Review..

Originally posted by BrandonClaps
Well I've got a 2000 Si, with a test pipe, that was obviously throwing a CEL for my 2nd o2 sensor. Well I tried that resistor/capacitor trick, and well obviously it didn't work otherwise i wouldn't be making this post. I believe it only works for OBD1 vehicles so if anyone wants it just pay for shipping and it's yours.

Well after looking at a check engine light for a few weeks I did some research and found out that the Ziptech o2 Simulator was only one that I could find that tapped into everything needed to correctly simulate the o2 sensor. TPS/RPM/O2.

Well I ordered it up on Monday, and recieved it today, very prompt shipping and well packaged. Couldn't wait to install it. Took me about 30 minutes to install with all soldered connections. Very detailed instructions. I had a question and it was answered withing a few hours through email. Excellent customer service.

I had a great experience, so I thought I might as well let everyone else know.
Can I have the link to the website for it? I have a hight flow converter on my car and it made the CEL come on so I need to get a O2 Simulator.
Old 08-21-2003, 06:34 AM
Jafro
I'm made of meat!

Default Re: Ziptech O2 Simulator.... Review..

Originally posted by BrandonClaps
Well I tried that resistor/capacitor trick, and well obviously it didn't work otherwise i wouldn't be making this post. I believe it only works for OBD1 vehicles so if anyone wants it just pay for shipping and it's yours.
OBD1 doesn't have a second o2 sensor. That trick works on all OBD2 cars when the right wires are tapped. I've done it to a '97 GSX and it worked. DSMs went OBD2 in July '94. OBD2 is OBD2. Brand doesn't matter.

I'll admit the o2 simulator is a lot easier to install, I'm just a cheap bastard, and I'm not ashamed of shopping at Radio Shack.

Glad you got it worked out.
Old 08-21-2003, 07:14 AM
BrandonClaps

i believe there are 2 different obd2's.. the resistor/capacitor trick did NOT work on my vehicle.

ECGPerformanceElectronics@hotmail.com
Old 08-21-2003, 07:29 AM
civicexstacy00

what is the website link for the Ziptech O2 Sim. I need one.
Old 08-21-2003, 04:50 PM
BrandonClaps

email him above.
Old 08-21-2003, 07:27 PM
Jkan2001
S2000 Pilot

yep i need one too, my car runs so crappy on limp mode with my test pipe. I'm getting pretty sick of resetting my ecu every couple of days. The preludes have an obd workaround, it just clears the code everytime you turn the car off.