Notices

tranny problem?!?!

Old 02-13-2003, 09:39 AM
crucial Si
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tranny problem?!?!

i changed my clutch last week..i put over 350+ miles on it so far, yesterday is when i first started to drive the car hard, not doing burnouts or chirping gears but up to redline...now yesterday as i started to shift into second, it wouldnt go it, and when it does, it pops out. it will go in most of the time when i am going slow, but then it will pop out. but when i down shift from 3 to 2 it will go in fine. so i need your input. thanks.
Old 02-13-2003, 09:43 AM
MNY2BRN
I hate you too

Well, you shouldve let it break in a little longer. But now that you have a stronger clutch, the synchros might not be used to the harsher engagement. If you did it yourself, make sure there is no rattling, cause a pressure plate bolt might of came loose, therefor not holding the disc properly.
Old 02-13-2003, 09:46 AM
crucial Si
Banned

Originally posted by MNY2BRN
Well, you shouldve let it break in a little longer. But now that you have a stronger clutch, the synchros might not be used to the harsher engagement. If you did it yourself, make sure there is no rattling, cause a pressure plate bolt might of came loose, therefor not holding the disc properly.
i did it with a friend...its a street disc/pp so its like 0% above stock. the engagement hasnt changed from old clutch to new clutch. there isnt any rattling of the flywheel.
Old 02-13-2003, 10:51 AM
Bumnah
So OG it hurts.

kinda hard to mess up the tranny unless you dropped from over your head. make sure your shift linkage is on properly, and torqued up.
-----
Old 02-13-2003, 11:18 AM
crucial Si
Banned

Originally posted by Bumnah
kinda hard to mess up the tranny unless you dropped from over your head. make sure your shift linkage is on properly, and torqued up.
ill check the shift linkage tonight...i was thinking it might be the throw out bearing but i would assume it would happen in other gears other than 2nd.
Old 02-13-2003, 12:01 PM
The G2 Racer
Want Boost!

Did you change the throw out bearing?
Old 02-13-2003, 12:18 PM
crucial Si
Banned

Originally posted by The G2 Racer
Did you change the throw out bearing?
i changed everything i needed too..
Old 02-13-2003, 12:52 PM
Bakeoff
wooooo woooooooooo

The throw out bearing should have nothing to do with it, unless it's getting jammed on the shaft, and like you said, it's only doing it in that gear. Sounds like your synchros are bad, or the linkage is not in there right. If it's pulling just a little, there's enough torque to pop it out of gear, even at low rpms, or constant...
Old 02-13-2003, 12:57 PM
crucial Si
Banned

Originally posted by Bakeoff
The throw out bearing should have nothing to do with it, unless it's getting jammed on the shaft, and like you said, it's only doing it in that gear. Sounds like your synchros are bad, or the linkage is not in there right. If it's pulling just a little, there's enough torque to pop it out of gear, even at low rpms, or constant...
im going to bring it to the shop and get it up on the lift tomorrow.

i know when my syncros are bad, 3rd gear its gone, but it only grinds going into 3rd but downshifting into 3rd it doesnt grind. i have no grinding in second, but, when it does pop out, it will grind and it wont let me in at all, so i have to up the rpm in first and shift into 3rd.
Old 02-13-2003, 01:19 PM
crucial Si
Banned

now that i think about it, it is making alittle bit of a noise. i dont know just like something is rattling, but it sounds like its coming from the header/cat???????