Notices

What do i need for a reliable B20 vtec turbo swap?

Old 04-02-2009, 07:40 AM
Jgomez1806

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do i need for a reliable B20 vtec turbo swap?

Hello,

I am looking into building a b20 vtec turbo eninge and i was wondering if anybody could give me a parts list of what i would need to to build this engine any help would be great thank you!
Old 04-02-2009, 08:37 AM
raiden571
turning u inside out

dude, no. if you dont even know what you need, you couldnt handle the car.
do a search, i made a huge article a year or two ago with a large list of parts and possibilities, here ill even do it for you
https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/9...ome-to-me.html
Old 04-02-2009, 04:10 PM
raiden571
turning u inside out

so then this kid trys to bash me pm style, what a douche bag. ask Torreto and Spilmer, this kid is Fast and FURIOUS, oh such a hard ass. go to HT, you might get along with those douches over there, plenty of idiots to hold your hand and yank you off while you dream of turbo goodness.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:46 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Raiden, FYI the search function isn't nearly as effective as it used to be. Somewhere during the switch to IB, they f*cked up the search. For instance, I just typed b20vtec turbo, and only came up with about 10 threads, none of which were yours. IMO, we gotta take it a little easy on the noobs for this reason.

That said:

There are a million different possible combinations of how to do this. Only spending time researching and familiarizing yourself with the options (and the motors themselves) will lead you to the right setup for you. As a bare minimum, any b20 block should be sleeved if it will see anything more than modest boost levels (6 psi or so). Connecting rods should also be upgraded if you plan to get anything out of the head's high-revving potential. In N/A form, b20/LS rods are sufficient if shot peened, but I wouldn't even go there in a turbo setup. If you're doing that, you'll need aftermarket pistons to go along with the rods. A number of companies make pistons designed specifically for lsvtec/b20vtec applications, with proper valve reliefs and compression ratios calculated to a b16a head. So there's your shortblock. The head (either b16a or b18c) should be stock or close to it. No need for cams and crazy valvetrain. As for the turbo setup, that's completely dependent on your budget and goals.

So there's a basic starting point. Now go do your homework.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:55 PM
Civic2Scooby

Originally Posted by white_n_slow
Raiden, FYI the search function isn't nearly as effective as it used to be. Somewhere during the switch to IB, they f*cked up the search. For instance, I just typed b20vtec turbo, and only came up with about 10 threads, none of which were yours. IMO, we gotta take it a little easy on the noobs for this reason.

That said:

There are a million different possible combinations of how to do this. Only spending time researching and familiarizing yourself with the options (and the motors themselves) will lead you to the right setup for you. As a bare minimum, any b20 block should be sleeved if it will see anything more than modest boost levels (6 psi or so). Connecting rods should also be upgraded if you plan to get anything out of the head's high-revving potential. In N/A form, b20/LS rods are sufficient if shot peened, but I wouldn't even go there in a turbo setup. If you're doing that, you'll need aftermarket pistons to go along with the rods. A number of companies make pistons designed specifically for lsvtec/b20vtec applications, with proper valve reliefs and compression ratios calculated to a b16a head. So there's your shortblock. The head (either b16a or b18c) should be stock or close to it. No need for cams and crazy valvetrain. As for the turbo setup, that's completely dependent on your budget and goals.

So there's a basic starting point. Now go do your homework.
...:blah:...
Old 04-02-2009, 09:28 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

seriously, have you tried searching for anything lately? The old tried and true "Search, noob." no longer applies. Unless we want them to go search H-T
Old 04-03-2009, 05:26 AM
raiden571
turning u inside out

its not that i dont want people to learn/get into cars, its like no effort at all was put into this.
i want a b20/vtec motor with boost, what do i need.
im not helping those who cant help themselves.
just my rant
Old 04-03-2009, 06:19 AM
Jgomez1806

well thanks for your input on my thread. I completely understand that there is alot of research put into these types of engines and i have been searching around looking at different options i was just looking for some advice from other people who have maybe already done the swap and had some potetial advice. and seeing that i work more then i get to play i figured i would give this a shot. But thanks to those that helped and those that just get angry and "noobs". Take it easy and dont worry raiden i wont be posting anymore threads on this website take it easy.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:15 AM
raiden571
turning u inside out

thank you, greatly appreciated