Old 04-02-2009, 04:46 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Raiden, FYI the search function isn't nearly as effective as it used to be. Somewhere during the switch to IB, they f*cked up the search. For instance, I just typed b20vtec turbo, and only came up with about 10 threads, none of which were yours. IMO, we gotta take it a little easy on the noobs for this reason.

That said:

There are a million different possible combinations of how to do this. Only spending time researching and familiarizing yourself with the options (and the motors themselves) will lead you to the right setup for you. As a bare minimum, any b20 block should be sleeved if it will see anything more than modest boost levels (6 psi or so). Connecting rods should also be upgraded if you plan to get anything out of the head's high-revving potential. In N/A form, b20/LS rods are sufficient if shot peened, but I wouldn't even go there in a turbo setup. If you're doing that, you'll need aftermarket pistons to go along with the rods. A number of companies make pistons designed specifically for lsvtec/b20vtec applications, with proper valve reliefs and compression ratios calculated to a b16a head. So there's your shortblock. The head (either b16a or b18c) should be stock or close to it. No need for cams and crazy valvetrain. As for the turbo setup, that's completely dependent on your budget and goals.

So there's a basic starting point. Now go do your homework.