Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   92+ Civic/EL & Del Sol (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/92-civic-el-and-del-sol-6/)
-   -   What do i need for a reliable B20 vtec turbo swap? (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/92-civic-el-and-del-sol/454565-what-do-i-need-for-a-reliable-b20-vtec-turbo-swap.html)

Jgomez1806 04-02-2009 07:40 AM

What do i need for a reliable B20 vtec turbo swap?

Hello,

I am looking into building a b20 vtec turbo eninge and i was wondering if anybody could give me a parts list of what i would need to to build this engine any help would be great thank you!

raiden571 04-02-2009 08:37 AM

dude, no. if you dont even know what you need, you couldnt handle the car.
do a search, i made a huge article a year or two ago with a large list of parts and possibilities, here ill even do it for you
https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/9...ome-to-me.html

raiden571 04-02-2009 04:10 PM

so then this kid trys to bash me pm style, what a douche bag. ask Torreto and Spilmer, this kid is Fast and FURIOUS, oh such a hard ass. go to HT, you might get along with those douches over there, plenty of idiots to hold your hand and yank you off while you dream of turbo goodness.

white_n_slow 04-02-2009 04:46 PM

Raiden, FYI the search function isn't nearly as effective as it used to be. Somewhere during the switch to IB, they f*cked up the search. For instance, I just typed b20vtec turbo, and only came up with about 10 threads, none of which were yours. IMO, we gotta take it a little easy on the noobs for this reason.

That said:

There are a million different possible combinations of how to do this. Only spending time researching and familiarizing yourself with the options (and the motors themselves) will lead you to the right setup for you. As a bare minimum, any b20 block should be sleeved if it will see anything more than modest boost levels (6 psi or so). Connecting rods should also be upgraded if you plan to get anything out of the head's high-revving potential. In N/A form, b20/LS rods are sufficient if shot peened, but I wouldn't even go there in a turbo setup. If you're doing that, you'll need aftermarket pistons to go along with the rods. A number of companies make pistons designed specifically for lsvtec/b20vtec applications, with proper valve reliefs and compression ratios calculated to a b16a head. So there's your shortblock. The head (either b16a or b18c) should be stock or close to it. No need for cams and crazy valvetrain. As for the turbo setup, that's completely dependent on your budget and goals.

So there's a basic starting point. Now go do your homework.

Civic2Scooby 04-02-2009 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by white_n_slow (Post 4274723)
Raiden, FYI the search function isn't nearly as effective as it used to be. Somewhere during the switch to IB, they f*cked up the search. For instance, I just typed b20vtec turbo, and only came up with about 10 threads, none of which were yours. IMO, we gotta take it a little easy on the noobs for this reason.

That said:

There are a million different possible combinations of how to do this. Only spending time researching and familiarizing yourself with the options (and the motors themselves) will lead you to the right setup for you. As a bare minimum, any b20 block should be sleeved if it will see anything more than modest boost levels (6 psi or so). Connecting rods should also be upgraded if you plan to get anything out of the head's high-revving potential. In N/A form, b20/LS rods are sufficient if shot peened, but I wouldn't even go there in a turbo setup. If you're doing that, you'll need aftermarket pistons to go along with the rods. A number of companies make pistons designed specifically for lsvtec/b20vtec applications, with proper valve reliefs and compression ratios calculated to a b16a head. So there's your shortblock. The head (either b16a or b18c) should be stock or close to it. No need for cams and crazy valvetrain. As for the turbo setup, that's completely dependent on your budget and goals.

So there's a basic starting point. Now go do your homework.

...:blah:...

white_n_slow 04-02-2009 09:28 PM

seriously, have you tried searching for anything lately? The old tried and true "Search, noob." no longer applies. Unless we want them to go search H-T :o

raiden571 04-03-2009 05:26 AM

its not that i dont want people to learn/get into cars, its like no effort at all was put into this.
i want a b20/vtec motor with boost, what do i need.
im not helping those who cant help themselves.
just my rant

Jgomez1806 04-03-2009 06:19 AM

well thanks for your input on my thread. I completely understand that there is alot of research put into these types of engines and i have been searching around looking at different options i was just looking for some advice from other people who have maybe already done the swap and had some potetial advice. and seeing that i work more then i get to play i figured i would give this a shot. But thanks to those that helped and those that just get angry and "noobs". Take it easy and dont worry raiden i wont be posting anymore threads on this website take it easy. ;)

raiden571 04-03-2009 07:15 AM

thank you, greatly appreciated