Notices

Help me pimp my car!

Old 10-22-2007, 05:48 PM
Civic2Scooby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1 quick sol
Do lots and lots of research, grab every import magazine u can and do not take advice off this message board, most members are in the same boat as u and talk out of there ass, but there are a few peeps who know whats up, one you've done some research you will be able to tell who knows whats up and who doesn't, but do plan the route u want and budget your have.
care to elaborate on who in this thread has been talking out of their asses :eh:
Old 10-22-2007, 06:12 PM
raiden571
turning u inside out

Do lots and lots of research, grab every import magazine u can and do not take advice off this message board, most members are in the same boat as u and talk out of there ass, but there are a few peeps who know whats up, one you've done some research you will be able to tell who knows whats up and who doesn't, but do plan the route u want and budget your have.
this guys talking like he is someone important. SHUT UP 07 NOOB

if you want your car fast, turbo it. for the price you can piece together a turbo kit, you would spend similar to that for high end I/H/E. you need to do research man. if you just look through a few different forums you can find lots of info.......take this one here for example.https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...d.php?t=206354
you can learn quite a bit through that one page, now, off with yee noob, and return when your done
Old 10-22-2007, 09:07 PM
rugsr
How do my taillights look

lol^^^^

22 posts < some people in the thousands

Grabing every import mag is not always a great idea. When I first hit the "imoport scene" import mags were telling me to buy a CAI, Header, Catback and Id see crazy results. Biggest thing I saw was my account drop and maybe 5 -10HP if that. It sure was loud and my Ear dyno thought 50HP but no...

Listen. Dont do what I did and buy parts to stay NA ie: CAI, Header, Catback, skunk2 manifold, etc.

Try to get yourself into a boosted car. I was going NA until I road in a boosted GSR. The next day I began to do research on turboing my GSR. Took me a bout 1yr of research and buying till I finally knew what I wanted. Then about 2 months on and off for the install of it.

I was on the fourms a lot asking questions. YES...there are people who speak from there buttox here but only listen to those who might have gone through this already.

I boosted my GSR and I make 270WHP. Cost me about $3,000 but that was beacuse I bought all brand new parts. My HP increase was "a lot" and people around my "hood" have a hard time keeping up.

If you were to spend $3,000 and go the NA route you wont see the HP jump like I did.

AND if you do some searching, you can get some real good used parts and have a nice setup for about $1000-1500.

Remember I did the install myself so if you do that too...youll save some money.

I didnt think I could do the entire install but after researching, looking at other peoples installing and speaking to some smart people on the web...its possible!

Good Luck
have any questions...just shoot me a PM

nice link raiden571!

Last edited by rugsr; 10-22-2007 at 09:10 PM.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:17 PM
ddd4114

Originally Posted by rugsr
Grabing every import mag is not always a great idea. When I first hit the "imoport scene" import mags were telling me to buy a CAI, Header, Catback and Id see crazy results.
Agreed. I've found that a lot of import magazines feed you crap. Some information is valuable, but you have to sort through everything in order to find the good info.

I've learned more from V8 books. They provide general knowledge that's not specific to our engines, but in my opinion, they're still worth reading.

I also recommend these articles:
http://www.team-integra.net/sections...les.asp?Show=1
http://www.theoldone.com/archive/
Old 10-23-2007, 06:22 AM
94jdmcivic

Of course a turbo is going to be the best for more hp but i was figuring maybe he was on a budget. Plus if you dont know anything about turbos or tunning, your going to be spending a lot of money on getting it tunned and running right. I know a lot of people who blow out their engines, tranny, axles, ect.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:17 PM
1 quick sol

Ok guys not everyone is a dumb ass, just more so than not. If your do your research and not just in your import tuner or super street, get vechicle specific, aka honda tuning, d sport, etc, big body kits and wings slow you down, compare dyno charts, so you know what results your will see with what parts. SO i don't have a lot of posts on this crap of a forum, i am sorry for some reason i think real world hands on, and actually building and figureing out the bugs myself seems to be a lot more helpful than some guy with to much time on there hands to post thousands of threads, but hey thats just me its not like i am a technician or anything, or went to school for hypo and actually learned about how these systems work, versus taking some persons 2nd hand account, of what works on there cousins "Pimped out civic thats so fast that it runs 14's" Yes i am a smart ass, but i hate to see people screw the rides up because of being misinformed or mislead.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:20 PM
slintegra

lol
Old 10-23-2007, 08:47 PM
Civic2Scooby

Ok guys not everyone is a dumb ass, just more so than not. If your do your research and not just in your import tuner or super street, get vechicle specific, aka honda tuning, d sport, etc, big body kits and wings slow you down, compare dyno charts, so you know what results your will see with what parts. SO i don't have a lot of posts on this crap of a forum, i am sorry for some reason i think real world hands on, and actually building and figureing out the bugs myself seems to be a lot more helpful than some guy with to much time on there hands to post thousands of threads, but hey thats just me its not like i am a technician or anything, or went to school for hypo and actually learned about how these systems work, versus taking some persons 2nd hand account, of what works on there cousins "Pimped out civic thats so fast that it runs 14's" Yes i am a smart ass, but i hate to see people screw the rides up because of being misinformed or mislead.
actually coming from somebody who has 20k + posts I will agree that post count doesn't mean dick when it comes to knowledge. New members join all the time who have lots to offer as far as personal knowledge and professional knowledge. I myself am an Acura Tech, and try to help out in there when I have time. I don't frequent as much anymore for personal reasons, but you sound like you have your head on your shoulders. I was just kinda breakin your balls a bit. I hope this "crap of a forum" can better service you in the future.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:27 AM
rugsr
How do my taillights look

agreed^

But when I saw you were a noob, tricked out del sol and saying people speak from there asses, i could only assume...
Old 10-24-2007, 12:33 PM
1 quick sol

thanks civic to scooby,from one tech to another, I am just tired of seeing kids mislead and fixing other peoples screw ups, i imagine u are to at an acura dealership, main thing i think we all agree on is, plan a route of attack, plan an budget and do lots and lots or research so you know who knows there stuff and who "Talking out there ass's"