Notices

Help me pimp my car!

Old 10-24-2007, 02:24 PM
ddd4114

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's something else I recommend reading: liveforphysics's posts on d-series.org. I know it sounds random, but he's extremely knowledgeable, and all of his tech posts are very informative.

http://www.d-series.org/forums/searc...archid=1661570
Old 10-24-2007, 03:24 PM
Turboduck

get your budget set for sure, and set your goals. So, you have a plan to follow.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:35 PM
Civic2Scooby

Originally Posted by 1 quick sol
thanks civic to scooby,from one tech to another, I am just tired of seeing kids mislead and fixing other peoples screw ups, i imagine u are to at an acura dealership, main thing i think we all agree on is, plan a route of attack, plan an budget and do lots and lots or research so you know who knows there stuff and who "Talking out there ass's"
yes dealership, but I also do a fair amount of my own modding B and newly K series. project underhand right now is a k24/k20 frankenstein in an EK hatch. have all the parts at work, just need to start assembly. Should have a pics/diy/etc thread up once I get going here in a bit.
Old 11-04-2007, 01:01 AM
UHT_929

Is the car M/T or A/T?
Old 11-06-2007, 04:03 PM
red_yr2k_ex

Default New member - first post

Dear Forum members

Allow me to introduce, my name is Declan, I live in SC.

I find myself in the exact same situation, I have suddenly found myself in possession of a slightly used 2000 honda civic ex with an M/T

Positive: Small, red, cheap parts, manual, fun (more than its 120 odd ponies suggest)

Negative: Not very fast...

My plan is for a dual use street/autocross car, a fun runabout on the days I have no cargo onboard. Essentially stock except for the following:

roll bar and seats/harness ($800)
+
Dual use adjustable suspension ($500)
+
Intake ($200)
+
Sticky rubber ($450)

Minus anything I can live without, spare tires, backseats and such like, (free!)

= Not very fast car, yet probably a little faster than before, and by definition therefore a little more fun and still technically cheap. Run in a stock class perhaps?

Flaws in plan? Any?

Thanks

PS I realize this is getting heated, in terms of philosophies, but I'm a non believer in the 6 foot wing.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:11 PM
ddd4114

Originally Posted by red_yr2k_ex
Dear Forum members

I find myself in the exact same situation, I have suddenly found myself in possession of a slightly used 2000 honda civic ex with an M/T

Positive: Small, red, cheap parts, manual, fun (more than its 120 odd ponies suggest)

My plan is for a dual use street/autocross car, a fun runabout on the days I have no cargo onboard. Essentially stock except for the following:

+
+
Intake ($200)
+
Sticky rubber ($450)

Minus anything I can live without, spare tires, backseats and such like, (free!)

= Not very fast car, yet probably a little faster than before, and by definition therefore a little more fun and still technically cheap. Run in a stock class perhaps?

Flaws in plan? Any?

Thanks

PS I realize this is getting heated, in terms of philosophies, but I'm a non believer in the 6 foot wing.
Create your own thread, and maybe you'll get some answers.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:14 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by red_yr2k_ex
Dear Forum members

+
+
Intake ($200)
+
Sticky rubber ($450)

Flaws in plan? Any?

Thanks

Are you new to autocross? You'll save yourself a whole lot of money and trouble and greatly improve your odds of being competitive if you stay in your stock class (H-stock). You'll learn a lot of good driving skills, and learn that go-fast parts have little to do with how fast you can actually go.

H-stock permitted upgrades are brake pads, shocks, and whatever tire you can fit on a stock-sized wheel. I'd get these and leave it at that until you really feel you're unsatisfied with the car's performance (give it a while and let it sink in before you go nuts).

Forget the roll bar/cage (seriously, do you plan to roll it?), forget the high-buck suspension (actually $500 isn't really that much) that'll knock you out of your class, and definitely forget the $200 intake that'll maybe give you a few ponies.

Enjoy what you've got and go race!