Notices

suspension

Old 05-01-2005, 08:47 PM
SmartySarty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am gonna say it agian, get Tiens SS with pillow mounts for the camber, you can adjust ride hieght and dampining force. On the highway at about 90mph to 100mph i feel like my car is floating along.
Old 05-01-2005, 08:47 PM
SmartySarty

Best money i invested besides my swap
Old 05-02-2005, 10:24 AM
KJJ
Drive Hard

coilovers is it then...
Old 05-02-2005, 10:49 AM
drew935
Laguna Seca circuit

Originally Posted by KJJ
Guys thanks for the advice.

Drew935, oscar 425, I see these guys diving around town just bouncing all over the place. The car is slamed to the ground, over sized rims and almost coming off the ground when they hit a bump in the road. Whats up with that? That is one thing I can’t have. I also can’t lower the car to much due to the angle of my driveway. The car has a stock ride height and I was backing down the drive to fast and scraped my Super Trapp. If I take it real slow I might have 1.5in to lower the car.
If the car is bouncing around, well is it either because of the road or the suspension. I'm not bouncing around everywhere. But my suspension is firm and with a bucket seat, there isn't much cushion to not feel the road. Most of the bouncyness is due to the shocks. The roads are hella crappy so the sock valving has to be really good. Sorry but Tein shocks do not have good valving for the street but for the track, most of the aftermarket shocks will do. As for the height, I kept mine at what Cusco set it to. Which is a tight 2finger gap between the wheel well and tire. My coilovers have full piston travel on the shock regardless of height. But with a front lower arm bar, I cannot lower it much so I left it with the height setup plus I don't use a camber kit. Only on the rear that I have shim the arm out a lil.
So that's good that you are going with a coilover setup, just pick a good brand now...
Old 05-02-2005, 02:23 PM
KJJ
Drive Hard

Thanks Drew. So whats you best time at Laguna Seca?
Old 05-02-2005, 02:59 PM
G-M-W

what track is that in the first post?
Old 05-02-2005, 03:50 PM
drew935
Laguna Seca circuit

I only ran at 2:01 at best before I got the car off track. Ran it no tuneup whatsoever, tokico 5way with grounds controls and weapon-r spring combo setup, no lsd, no rollcage, and my rear brake setup was with just the slotted crossed drilled rotors, and RE730 Potenzas that were 2yrs old but still gripped very nicely. Now with the mods, I probably can pull a 1:57 at best running the sohc. When I ran Laguna, my friend in his mustang with wheels and some suspension couldn't hang on taking the same lines as myself. He got all screwy and had to slow down. There were about 2 sk2s that did 2:13 for their best times... Anyway, I know that my instructor John had given me an awesome teaching for driving the track in his Viper GTS :driving: and that after my first session on the track and then into his viper. Man, the liquids before driving came out after we were done with the first session in his car.. :barf:
Laguna Seca
Old 05-02-2005, 06:47 PM
tooeazy23

Default how to install skun2 coilovers on a 96 civic

i have a set of skunk2 coilvers, i would like to know how to install them on a 96 civic
Old 05-02-2005, 07:58 PM
drew935
Laguna Seca circuit

Originally Posted by tooeazy23
i have a set of skunk2 coilvers, i would like to know how to install them on a 96 civic
Please do a search next time or go to the Sticky: Online Resources . I realize that this is 1st post and would hope that you will learn how to work the forum correctly, so as to not ask questions that have already been answered. :thumbup:
Old 05-03-2005, 09:26 AM
KJJ
Drive Hard

The track is Hallett Motor Racing Circuit in Oklahoma.
www.hallettracing.net

Man. To jet around Laguna in a Viper, that would be a blast.

New question: So I have a upper Ball-joint problem. I picked up a pair of adjustable’s from NAPA for $50. After I installed them I noticed the spindle would rub on the spring, but only when adjusted all the way in(negative). New ones, OEM, are $100 each, which are not adjustable. Anyone have an opinion on these

Last edited by KJJ; 04-03-2006 at 03:30 PM.