Notices

EMERGENCY HELP!!!? radiator fluid everwhere!!!

Old 07-24-2002, 05:33 PM
dingusjt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EMERGENCY HELP!!!? radiator fluid everwhere!!!

Ok i'm praying that i dont have a blown head gasket....FYI i have a d16z6 SOHC VTEC engine.

I drove about 10 miles and my check engine light came on and my temp gauge was up at red, just as i was parking a little smoke puffed from under the hood. I popped it and saw that there was some radiator fluid around the thermostat housing...i had detached the lower radiator hose earlier that morning...not to mention i had changed the thermostat two days prior so i just thought it needed it to be tighter.

Anyway 4 hours later i drove 10 miles back home about half-way my temp rose up again and check engine light, the temp needle sort bounced between the red and middle, then at a stop light almost home smoke started to puff...light turned green and as i was passing through the intersection i heard a loud pop and quickly pulled over.

Smoke was coming from the engine, i popped the hood and radiator fluid had exploded everywhere!!! i thought i had a blown head-gasket because some radiator fluid was boiling in a crevace between the intake manifold and head. Then i saw a small burst hose, the one that carry's radiator fluid from distributor side of the engine to underneath the throttle body. it could of been that...

anyway, how do i determine what is wrong!!! how do i check for a blown-head gasket, i didn't see any bubbling along the crack where the head meats the block, SOMEBODY HELP!!!
Old 07-24-2002, 05:38 PM
crucial Si
Banned

when you turn on the car now do you hear any metal grinding? check to see if there is oil everywhere under the head.
Old 07-24-2002, 05:57 PM
Fujiwara Takumi
It's my first day.

as ive said several times, top indicators for blown head gasket:

1. white smoke in exhaust
2. fluid/condensation when placing hand in exhaust
3. remove the radiator cap on a cold car, start the car. if fluid bubbles out there may be a blown head.
4. check levels, (obviously you have a leak, so this is irrelevant)
5. lack of power, check compression in each cylinder

good luck, sounds to me like for some reason there are hoses shootin water out, did you forget to hook a fluid hose up on the engine block?