Old 07-24-2002, 05:33 PM
dingusjt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EMERGENCY HELP!!!? radiator fluid everwhere!!!

Ok i'm praying that i dont have a blown head gasket....FYI i have a d16z6 SOHC VTEC engine.

I drove about 10 miles and my check engine light came on and my temp gauge was up at red, just as i was parking a little smoke puffed from under the hood. I popped it and saw that there was some radiator fluid around the thermostat housing...i had detached the lower radiator hose earlier that morning...not to mention i had changed the thermostat two days prior so i just thought it needed it to be tighter.

Anyway 4 hours later i drove 10 miles back home about half-way my temp rose up again and check engine light, the temp needle sort bounced between the red and middle, then at a stop light almost home smoke started to puff...light turned green and as i was passing through the intersection i heard a loud pop and quickly pulled over.

Smoke was coming from the engine, i popped the hood and radiator fluid had exploded everywhere!!! i thought i had a blown head-gasket because some radiator fluid was boiling in a crevace between the intake manifold and head. Then i saw a small burst hose, the one that carry's radiator fluid from distributor side of the engine to underneath the throttle body. it could of been that...

anyway, how do i determine what is wrong!!! how do i check for a blown-head gasket, i didn't see any bubbling along the crack where the head meats the block, SOMEBODY HELP!!!