Notices

Avoid Acura Of Pleasanton's (California) Service Department!!

Old 04-02-2007, 09:10 AM
b_waxson
2005 TSX 6MT/NAV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 94civicEX
Make sure and give us an update to this!
Will do! Thanks again, everyone!
Old 04-06-2007, 07:38 AM
matelot
Master Commentator

this guy is full of shit
video my ass
fucking troll
Old 04-06-2007, 09:37 AM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Originally Posted by matelot
this guy is full of shit
video my ass
fucking troll
The only one who is getting hot under the collar about this video is you.
I strongly suggest you calm down and cut the flaming now.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 04-07-2007, 04:50 PM
matelot
Master Commentator

well I hate BS
Old 04-16-2007, 10:09 AM
b_waxson
2005 TSX 6MT/NAV

Originally Posted by matelot
this guy is full of shit
video my ass
fucking troll
Wow, how things have degenerated here. I'd like to thank matelot for all of his insightful prose. It's great to know there are people in the group that are really interested in sharing their experiences and contributing in a positive way .

You know, I use this forum when trying to get other owner's opinions/observations and as a great technical resource. I've never posted before because I haven't done anything to the car yet, so I didn't have anything to contribute. I finally posted here to let others know of my terrible experiences with Acura of Pleasanton's Service Department - that was my only motivation. Nobody should be treated the way I was on a $30k car that's still under warranty. To be honest, I didn't think that my posting here was going to lead to the car being fixed; I really did originally intended to post the video to let others see how I was treated. It's not often you get something like this on tape!

Anyway, I DO have the video and what's important is that the DEALERSHIP knows that I have it. They don't want me to post it, and for good reason. As it stands, I've got a lot more bargaining power with these guys if I don't post it. If the dealership doesn't make good on the repairs, they know what's going to happen; I'll have no qualms about posting it on YouTube if the Regional Service Manager (whom I'm now supposedly dealing with) gives me the same line of BS. So far it looks like they're going to make good, but we'll see.

I'm sorry that people in the group are disappointed that I haven't posted the video. If I was on the other side of the fence, I'd want to see it, too. But the truth is that I want my car fixed, and to be honest, that's a hell of a lot more important to me than providing entertainment or proof of my sincerity to members of the group - especially when they're so polite . I guess I'll have to let my words speak to my sincerity. Think about it. If I was only out to cause the dealership trouble, I wouldn't be posting updates... I've already caused them a HEAP of trouble.

The thing is that this dealership really did treat me like crap, and they don't deserve the business. Maybe more important, other owners don't deserve to be treated the way I that I was. Even if they do make the repairs, I'm not going to be happy with this dealership, but at least I won't be pissed off every time I get into my TSX because it will be fixed. In any case, I still stand by my initial statement that this dealership's service department should be avoided. I certainly won't be going back there after this episode.

I'm sorry that you all will likely not get to see what I'm sure would be a very entertaining video, but the car isn't fixed yet, so I guess there's still hope. Frankly, I'm hoping they just fix my damn car so I can quit spending time on this.

As for Mr. matelot - take a chill pill, dude. So far all you've done in this thread is slam me. If you spend the time to actually read what I've written, you'd see that I'm just trying to let others know of my experiences with this dealership. If you don't want to believe me, that's fine. It doesn't justify the name calling or the bad attitude.

To everyone else in the group - thanks again for your help!
Old 04-16-2007, 08:34 PM
ACURAmechanic

I have worked in various dealerships for 15 years, and i am usually very skeptical of people who complain about dealers. That being said, I dont doubt your story at all.

I often tell new employees, half jokingly, that when people come on to the lot they are expecting to get screwed because two of the sorriest bastards on earth work here; mechanics and salesmen. And it appears that Bruce Peters and the rest of Acura of Pleasanton are working hard to perpetuate my little axiom.

But on the bright side, when a DSM gets involved the customer usually gets what they deserve or some times more tham they deserve. So I am sure every thing will work out for you. I wish you the best of luck and thank you for warning us about that dealership.

IT IS DEALERS LIKE THAT ,THAT GIVE THE REST OF US A BAD NAME

Last edited by ACURAmechanic; 04-16-2007 at 08:37 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-16-2007, 08:52 PM
ACURAmechanic

By the way, you may of misunderstood Matelot's troll comment. A troll is an employee of a dealership who slanders a competing dealer to steal their customer base. I think that is what he was so eloquently trying to convey.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:44 AM
Danny6996

To B waxson and justtorespond,
I'm not here to defend big corporations or anything but if you think about it, why else would a dealership not want to do warranty work? Dealerships get audited for fraudulent warranty claims all the time, if a dealership can't justify a wear and tear item as a warranty issue then why are you slandering them? I've been on both sides of the spectrum but fair is fair, I hate it when I get dropped calls or my cell phone freezes up, but hey I've dropped it, I know I have and I'm not gonna go boycott Motorola or degrade their name on the internet because I'm not getting my way. As far as CD's go, I don't know, I've had the same problem with burnt discs too, I think it's something with the quality of disc I was using, I went from cheap ones to Fuji and that seemed to work fine. Good luck with all that, lifes too short to be angry.....
Old 04-20-2007, 12:08 PM
Acura Svc Mgr

Default Acura of Pleasanton response;

My name is Bruce Peters and I am the Service Manager you have all been reading about. I wanted to respond the facts as to the original posters situation. No dealership has the right to deny warranty coverage for repairs, only the Manufacturer can deny warranty coverage. In fact, to do so is illegal for any dealership, of any Manufacturer, as regulated by the Bureau of Automotive Repair. In the event that a claim is denied it is unfortunately the responsibility of the Service Manager to pass along this information as we are the contact person for the Manufacturer at the dealership. Unfortunately this seat repair was denied because the leather side bolster was worn away, the seam and stitching are still currently intact. We at Acura of Pleasanton understand and are empathetic to the client’s disappointment and frustration with the denial of coverage from Acura. On his behalf, prior to the internet postings, I was lobbying to see if Acura would help in any way with the expense of his repair, even though their representative had denied authorizing warranty after a physical inspection. On March 30th Acura’s stance is still that this is considered wear, and not a warrantable repair, caused, possibly, by sliding across the seatback when entering and exiting the vehicle, but agreed to replace the seat back cover as a “One time only Goodwill repair” in the interest of client satisfaction at Acura of Pleasanton. Currently Acura is working to accommodate the client at another dealership as per the client’s request. Acura is also willing to replace his CD player under warranty stating that “the CD player is only designed for OEM CD's. Aftermarket and CD-R may jam the CD changer unit.” The comments made about the synthetic oil were based upon the fact that the clients vehicle came in with a check engine light on and it was determined to be caused from his engine being 3 ˝ qts. low on oil. As this is not the OEM oil recommendation he was advised that he may need to check his oil level more often. This was the client’s very first visit to Acura of Pleasanton, we are sorry it could not have been a more pleasant experience for him. Acura of Pleasanton is a 3 time winner of Acura’s “Precision Team Award”, which is the highest award available to a dealership from Acura. Our Service department also won the “2006 Acura Client Experience Award” for customer satisfaction. We did not want to respond sooner to the postings, as we are still working on resolving the client’s concerns and did not want to make any false statements. We appreciate the kind comments made by several of our loyal clients and are always willing to personally address any concerns or questions that any client may have. Thank you all for your feedback and interest in Acura’s client relations.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:45 PM
lufkintravis

You know, you shouldn't be a hard-ass just because someone wants to hold on to their hard-earned money just as much as you wanna take it from them and they don't just give in... How many times have dealerships taken advantage of customers, for probably billions collectively... Now, how many customers do you know that have ripped off a dealership (including that crock of SHIT phrase, "You're stealing this car from us @ this price.")? BITCH, PLEASE!