Notices
Track & Autocross Talk lap times and race lines.

need help with scca rules :happysad:

Old 10-09-2004, 08:48 AM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default need help with scca rules :happysad:

Could someone please post the rules for update/backdate as they apply to STS? :happysad: Word for word would be great, if you can. I don't have my rulebook.

Thanks!
Old 10-09-2004, 09:32 AM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No UD/BD is allowed anymore in STS/STX.
Old 10-09-2004, 01:36 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

dammit. what about up-model/down-model if you switch every different component?

The reason I ask, is I'm considering a new car, and I'd like to keep costs down on my civic for now. Its a vx, but pretty much every interchangable part from an Si is on there except the engine. (brakes, front sway, etc.) I know its not technically legal in STS now (although nobody really cares, thats how I class myself still), but I was thinking if perhaps i put in the d16z6, it would render it legal again (as equivalent to an Si). I seem to remember the old rules implying such conversion was possible as long as every possible option/part had been changed to match the up-rated model. I know its a long shot, and I don't really remember the rules too clearly. :happysad:
Old 10-09-2004, 02:20 PM
CivicSiRacer

You would have to do EVERYTHING to make the model the same. So if you are going from a VX to an Si you would also have to do sound deadening material, sunroof, etc...
Old 10-10-2004, 03:36 AM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

could you please post up the wording?

I've got a sunroof (unfortunately), and although not all the sound deadening is replicable, I think I could get it pretty close. I just want to do what I can to avoid SM for the time being.
Old 10-10-2004, 02:41 PM
CivicSiRacer

There is no wording. If there's no UD/BD that means if you have car that's a different model and you want to convert it to another model you have to move everything.
Old 10-10-2004, 05:28 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

OK, heres another idea... technically, my car is already legal for DSP (92-95 sohc vtec...although its a vx, which is kinda an oversight in the classification). Updating/backdating is allowed in SP, as is the removal of factory trim/interior/sound deadening. Technically, a d16z6 would comply since my engine configuration according to the rules is the same. Likewise, the advantages of the lighter car would be negated by rules which allow gutting, fuel cells, seat replacement, etc.

I think i can classify myself DSP without breaking any rules... all my upgrades are allowed as far as I can tell. Plus, as usual, they'll be unlikely to raise a fuss since my competition will be a few sponsored bmw's

:edit: I'm going by these rules... I'm pretty sure they're accurate. Classification is also linked somewhere on that site.http://www.moutons.org/sccasolo/Rules/sp.html
Old 10-10-2004, 08:41 PM
CivicSiRacer

Originally Posted by white_n_slow
OK, heres another idea... technically, my car is already legal for DSP (92-95 sohc vtec...although its a vx, which is kinda an oversight in the classification). Updating/backdating is allowed in SP, as is the removal of factory trim/interior/sound deadening. Technically, a d16z6 would comply since my engine configuration according to the rules is the same. Likewise, the advantages of the lighter car would be negated by rules which allow gutting, fuel cells, seat replacement, etc.

I think i can classify myself DSP without breaking any rules... all my upgrades are allowed as far as I can tell. Plus, as usual, they'll be unlikely to raise a fuss since my competition will be a few sponsored bmw's

:edit: I'm going by these rules... I'm pretty sure they're accurate. Classification is also linked somewhere on that site.http://www.moutons.org/sccasolo/Rules/sp.html
You cannot use that website anymore. It's like 6 years old. This year's FastTrack deleted the use of UD/BD in STS/STX because someone built a Franken-Civic (which didn't do well because it was finished like a week before Natioanals). They took a 1988 Civic DX and put the 1989 Civic Si engine in it.

Go buy a rule book like the rest of us
Old 10-10-2004, 09:00 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

i had one (of the same vintage of that website--'02 season I think) but a friend borrowed it and it was never seen again.

:edit: I'm beginning to think theres nothing legal I can do with my car. I'll probably have to just continue mis-classing it and hope i never win.
Old 10-11-2004, 04:30 AM
CivicSiRacer

Remember it's not always the car - but the nut behind the wheel

Mike