Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Any HANers ever work for CARMAX?

Old 09-29-2010, 08:33 AM
puffy
bow down to king puffy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Draconius
Taking what I can...Plus I know a lot more about cars and believe in cars more than I did the previous products.

Depends on the area...

The pay is base+commission.
I don't understand what commission is for but since it's PAY and commission take it! Plus you don't have to lie to people since price is fixed.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:36 AM
shirley
CBOTY 2010

how do you not get how its commission . . . . if its a sales job with commission its simple. you get commission based on set factors . . . number of sales, percentage of sales $ = commission, percentage of profits of sales = commission. pretty simple to figure out how he could get commission if you ask me
Old 09-29-2010, 10:19 AM
puffy
bow down to king puffy

Originally Posted by JessTD
how do you not get how its commission . . . . if its a sales job with commission its simple. you get commission based on set factors . . . number of sales, percentage of sales $ = commission, percentage of profits of sales = commission. pretty simple to figure out how he could get commission if you ask me
Actually seems this is how carmax commission structure works:
a salesman makes $150 per sale plus bonuses if they sell warranties, financing plans, etc. Quota at CarMax is ten cars. If you average thirteen cars in a 6 month span, you are part of a Director’s Club. Sell fifteen cars and you’re in the President’s Club. As you join these clubs, the commissions increase so it behooves you to sell as many cars as possible. The quickest way to do that is to match a buyer with the car they want – not try to sell them a car that’s more expensive. A $50,000 car nets the same commission as a $10,000 car – but you can move cheaper cars more often!

btw, not all sales jobs nets commissions.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:25 AM
shirley
CBOTY 2010

wait not all sales jobs net commission? no way, go figure

thanks for that tidbit . . . only been doing sales for the last 10 years

and look at that just like i said . . . number of sales. you get a dollar amount based on that
Old 09-29-2010, 10:26 AM
GSRRacer95
Fight On!

Originally Posted by puffy
a salesman makes $150 per sale plus bonuses if they sell warranties, financing plans, etc. Quota at CarMax is ten cars. If you average thirteen cars in a 6 month span, you are part of a Director’s Club. Sell fifteen cars and you’re in the President’s Club. As you join these clubs, the commissions increase so it behooves you to sell as many cars as possible. The quickest way to do that is to match a buyer with the car they want – not try to sell them a car that’s more expensive. A $50,000 car nets the same commission as a $10,000 car – but you can move cheaper cars more often!

Source please........
Old 09-29-2010, 10:28 AM
ShaolinLueb

i know a guy who sells mercedes and he said the commissions are not what they used to be. :dunno:
Old 09-29-2010, 10:32 AM
GSRRacer95
Fight On!

Originally Posted by ShaolinLueb
i know a guy who sells mercedes and he said the commissions are not what they used to be. :dunno:
It varies between most dealerships, but your friend is right. The real money comes on the back end.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:26 AM
Draconius
BAZINGA!

Originally Posted by GSRRacer95
Source please........
He is correct. It is $150 per car no matter the cost. It hours up as you get higher up in average sales...turns our it is NOT base plus commission though. There are also other ways to get minute from tasks. I'll write it down when I get to a keyboard.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:29 AM
GSRRacer95
Fight On!

Originally Posted by Draconius
He is correct. It is $150 per car no matter the cost. It hours up as you get higher up in average sales...turns our it is NOT base plus commission though. There are also other ways to get minute from tasks. I'll write it down when I get to a keyboard.
Thanks Brian. Honestly I have never heard of Carmax and that's why I asked for a source. I have worked in dealerships for the past 11 years and never have seen a pay plan like that.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:22 PM
95SiR
hood rich

Originally Posted by puffy

wait... so at $150/car and lets say u sell 15 cars in 6mths... that comes out to a lil over $2k for "commission"..... THATS IT?! 2-3k extra for 6months?! the base salary better be frikkin good