Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Duck people

Old 01-11-2008, 05:39 PM
spanky
I go duffy on dem bitches

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Duck people

I went to the grocery store today and opened the door for a guy. He kindly thanked me. Before I could get through, 3 more people barged through without a word. I said "You're welcome," making sure they heard me. The last guy through looked at me like I was stupid.

I stopped at the gas station on the way to work to put some petrol in the wife's car. I walked up to the counter and the girl looked at me and went back to what she was doing. I slapped the money down on the counter and looked at her. She says "What you need?"

How fucking rude can you be? :ugh:
Old 01-11-2008, 05:46 PM
cpvdh

just got back from safeway and the cashiers had some of the worst customer service i had ever seen
they were holding personal conversations while both lines were backing up
then she didnt ring up the beer with our order, so we had to pay twice
then she didnt give us the receipt and started the next order while we were just standing there waiting
then the other cashier comes over to look at a new drivers license, and finally they realize we are waiting still

i thought the gf was going to kill someone, but we made it home safely, now i just need to direct that anger towards something more fruitful

im not sure if its the new generation has changed the idea of customer service, or if they (we) are just a bunch of assholes
Old 01-11-2008, 05:48 PM
b00gers

Ive been saying that for years!
Old 01-11-2008, 05:59 PM
TeggerLS

We should get t-shirts that say, Be nice...and I'll let you live
Old 01-11-2008, 06:01 PM
b00gers

This happened New Years Eve. I was in line at Longs. It was the 10 items or less line. BUT IT WAS SLOW. I was in one of those positions where I knew if I moved...my line would speed up. So I stayed. Being 5th in line, I stood as people started complaining about stuff or whatnot. The line started building. Then I was 3rd in line. Some motherfucker wanted to buy a couple packs of Snickers with a $.50 off coupon. But it wont scan. She tries and tries again. No go. The register lady just went :dunno:

She then called the manager. The guy behind me was like...all this to save a few cents. I was getting pissed. I walked up to the lady and said loud enough for people in other lines to hear, "how much are the coupons for? I will give you $2 if you just forget the coupons." She looked at me like she was doing some math. "You have 3 packs, this will give you another $.50. Take it and forget about the coupons."

People started LOLing. She took it. The guy behind me offered me a dollar. I declined. She went on her way. Then the manager came...and the register lady started chatting with him like..."yea the coupons didnt work but this guy gave the lady $2 to forget about them...." Then told the register lady in another line..."yea this guy just gave her $2...."

Then a lady behind me screamed out, KEEP THE LINE MOVING!

LOLOLOLOLz.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:11 PM
TeggerLS

Originally Posted by b00gers
This happened New Years Eve. I was in line at Longs. It was the 10 items or less line. BUT IT WAS SLOW. I was in one of those positions where I knew if I moved...my line would speed up. So I stayed. Being 5th in line, I stood as people started complaining about stuff or whatnot. The line started building. Then I was 3rd in line. Some motherfucker wanted to buy a couple packs of Snickers with a $.50 off coupon. But it wont scan. She tries and tries again. No go. The register lady just went :dunno:

She then called the manager. The guy behind me was like...all this to save a few cents. I was getting pissed. I walked up to the lady and said loud enough for people in other lines to hear, "how much are the coupons for? I will give you $2 if you just forget the coupons." She looked at me like she was doing some math. "You have 3 packs, this will give you another $.50. Take it and forget about the coupons."

People started LOLing. She took it. The guy behind me offered me a dollar. I declined. She went on her way. Then the manager came...and the register lady started chatting with him like..."yea the coupons didnt work but this guy gave the lady $2 to forget about them...." Then told the register lady in another line..."yea this guy just gave her $2...."

LOLOLOLOLz.
Is it me or are people getting dumber by the day. Some of the things I see I just wonder how our species survived. Fucking gov't and all these programs/laws...let nature take it's course and dissolve the idiots...no more seatbelt or helmet laws that should get rid of quite a fewh:
Old 01-11-2008, 06:17 PM
b00gers

I think about that stuff all the time. I mean...its $1.50 savings. If I had to wait for a manager and hold up a long fucking line on New Years Eve for $1.50...I sure as hell wouldnt. My time and not going crazyness is worth more than that.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:18 PM
Tark

Originally Posted by b00gers

LOLOLOLOLz.
Ballah!
Old 01-11-2008, 06:25 PM
LT
The deer had to die!

Best is when the cashier scans an item and the barcode doesn't read. She does it again and again and again and again...then mistypes the UPC like 8 times. Christ!
Old 01-11-2008, 06:27 PM
Derek
you motorboatin' s.o.b.

OK! You take the guys, I'll take the girls