Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Christian Movie Reviews - Tons of laughter.

Old 01-04-2007, 09:13 PM
dE.fUsEd
I still like honda's. :-/

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Christian Movie Reviews - Tons of laughter.

http://www.capalert.com/capreports/index.htm

It's really amazing some of the reviews written by the guy.

Here's a taste...

After murdering Mufasa, Scar convinces Simba that his father's death is Simba's fault. [Rev. 21:8] Believing Scar, his own uncle, Simba exiles himself in hopes that running away would make more bearable the pain of causing his father's death. At least Scar says Simba is responsible. [Matt. 18:10] Scar uses the inherent trust of a family figure to manipulate Simba. Little did Scar know that Jesus warned of such maneuvers: that anyone who abuses His little ones would be better off with a millstone tied about his/her neck then cast into the sea. [Luke 17:2] Jesus is very serious about the little ones. And so am I. He even warns that whatever you do to His little ones you do to Him [Math 25:40]. And He "carries a bigger stick" than we and knows how and when to use it. On whom. And why.

While in exile, two of the local critters, warthog Pumbaa (voice of Ernie Sabella) and meerkat Timon (voice of Nathan Lane) befriend Simba even though warthog and meerkat are blue plate specials for lions. Pumbaa and Timon teach Simba to survive and thrive both physically and emotionally, physically by eating a wide variety of insects and emotionally by assuming a "who cares" attitude with "Hakuna Matata", the song of "problem-free philosophy."

Even Lion King was ripped apart.

:rofl: :rofl:
Old 01-04-2007, 09:16 PM
dE.fUsEd
I still like honda's. :-/

Jackass:

This is no more than an opinion piece. No calcualtions were made of the eight minutes of this trash I saw. There is no data, no listing of findings or any other comparative information other than the opinion piece below.

I believe the Motion Picture Association of America is out to lunch and 100% morally dead, blaming their classification scheme on what the people want as revealed by survey. I now do not believe them. Though I have no statistical data to prove it (I won't analyze NC-17/X) but Jacka: The Movie should have been rated X. Better yet, it should not have been amde at all.

And guess what, it's from MTV.

:rofl: i'm going to hell.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:17 PM
Omie
ew n!gg@ u g@y

is the guy :ghey:?
Old 01-04-2007, 09:19 PM
dubcac
I

About 8 Mile:

No less than 368 uses of some form of foul, vulgar language in 105 minutes. Two-hundred and twenty were the most foul of the foul words. [Col. 3:8] Multiple instances of graphic intercourse [Gen. 34:7]. All for the eight year old boy in the audience -- with what looked to be his 18 or 19 year old brother. And for the ten year old in the audience. And the 12 year old. And the 13 and 14 year olds. And the....... [Luke 17:2]
The story is a good story well performed and is a moving and revealing tour in the life of one who is dissatisfied with his life trying to make it better. Genuineness, courage and sincerity were well portrayed as possible even in the bitter, back-stabbing world of the inner city life.

But the story is saturated with vulgarity, obscenity and filth. Maybe this movie accurately expresses inner city life but that inner city life is the way it is doesn't excuse emboldening, encouraging and perpetuating vulgarity, obscenity and filth in inner city life by presenting them in and as entertainment. Maybe this movie combined with thousands of others like it is one of the reasons inner city life is the way it is and one of the reasons such a lifestyle is propagated. Camaraderie in dissonance takes its toll on the observer. The "that's *my* story" planting of sympathetic behavioral templates is powerful, especially for the impressionable and the already embittered. Many health professionals and scientists agree with me and I with God [1 Cor.15:33] that *any* behavioral expression can be shaped by observation of behavior in entertainment, good or bad, whether acted upon or not, whether the behavioral influence manifests the same as the observed behavior or not. Maybe we should be trying use entertainment to move life away from bitterness, nihilism and hate. A very nice thought, but I don't believe modern filmmakers and screenwriters are good enough.

In addition to the 368 uses of some form of vulgar and profane language [Titus 2:6-8, Prov. 8:13, Prov. 22:11] were five separate graphic displays of intercourse. Sexual vulgarities seemed to dominate the rap songs as much as tales of killing, mutilation and suicide. Sexual immorality, both spoken and performed, homosexual insults and talk of immoral sex was rampant. [Mark 7:21] Drunkenness and drug intoxication were not often but were present [Gal. 5:19 - 21]. Foul quarreling with vulgar words and physical abuse were performed before a young child [Matt. 18:10.]. Let the listing in the Findings/Scoring section tell you all that was noted.
:rofl::rofl:
Old 01-04-2007, 09:22 PM
dubcac
I

Like we really need another movie presenting a school shooting. American History X presented this and the most foul word of the foul language 186 times, 97 uses of other three/four letter words, racial hatred, prison rape. murder, and sexual intercourse. And all in 114 minutes! That is what American History X was all about. Bad and vulgar language 149 times per hour! And just because this movie is rated R does not mean kids under 17 will not see it. One of the 15-year old school yard shooters of 1997 saw The Basketball Diaries (R, 1995) when he was 14.

Not one of the previous movies I have analyzed drowned any intelligent dialogue with as much filthy potty mouth language as this one. Because of this movie, I may swear off of analyzing R-rated movies. American History X also presented intimidation by firearms, murder by firearms -- including a school shooting -- and the swastika profusely. The swastika represents more than just Nazi Germany. There is much more to the unholy swastika. If you wish to know more about it, visit our Back to School Special from our opening screen. Besides, Jesus does not want us to wear tattoos: Leviticus 19:28 (NIV) "Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the Lord." Beatings, Nazi worship, and nauseous brutality violated almost every sense of the observer. American History X was thick with racial slurs, derogatory terms, threats of every kind and hatred. A most vile movie.

I submit that the social pressure of the big screen is more of a peer than the kid who sits next to yours in class.
:rofl::rofl:
Old 01-04-2007, 09:22 PM
Omie
ew n!gg@ u g@y

Training Day is hard core R. In addition to the above ignominy, among the line items on the three full recording log pages of aberrant behavior findings are lots of use of derogatory slang as well as intense use of the three/four letter word vocabulary, including a massive dose of the most foul of the foul words. God's name is not respected. The extensive listing in the Findings/Scoring section will tell you all the findings made so you can decide whether to take you four and five year old sons if you decide watch this like the father in the theater when I saw it. And there is the answer to the ever-present question of "Why do you analyze R-rated films?" "I didn't know/think it would be that bad" can no longer be an excuse.

:chuckles:
Old 01-04-2007, 09:25 PM
RB
snitches get stitches

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This guy definitely has a taste for the dramatic.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:28 PM
dubcac
I

:rofl:

Jacka: The Movie

Can't even say Jackass :rofl:

believe the Motion Picture Association of America is out to lunch and 100% morally dead, blaming their classification scheme on what the people want as revealed by survey. I now do not believe them. Though I have no statistical data to prove it (I won't analyze NC-17/X) but Jacka: The Movie should have been rated X. Better yet, it should not have been amde at all.

And guess what, it's from MTV.

From this point if you are offended by even as polite descriptions as possible of completely disgusting crude and vulgar behavior, go elsewhere now.

After eight minutes I walked out. In that eight minutes I saw such behavior as a fat man's pants splitting at the seam in the seat and he was wearing no underwear. Nothing was tried to accomplish modesty. Indeed, all cinematic maneuvers appeared to be used to prolong view of it ... while he was on his knees. An electric muscle stimulator was applied to the most intimate private male parts possible and no attempts were made to hide anything. An electrode was applied to the space dead center in the crotch with no attempt to obscure subject and neighboring anatomy. None. An electrode was applied to a man's member ... in full view. Full male nudity, front and back are seen. Repeatedly. All in eight minutes.

There will be no CAP full analysis package for this movie prepared. This is the last you will hear about it from me and I will not discuss it. Period

This movie is vulgarly extreme to the extreme of vulgarity. I typically do not make recommendations about movies except in extreme cases. This one is precisely that. I suggest you not even think about this one. I normally do no research about a movie before I see it to avoid accusations of selectivity and skewing of the data, but I think that will change now. 2Tim. 3:1-5 "But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God - having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them." We are there, folks. At least in entertainment. Maybe Paul did not walk away from the extremes he was faced with to take the Gospel to the people of Corinth, but I am clearly not as strong as was Paul.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:38 PM
reech-around
RIP Woong.

Originally Posted by dubcac
:rofl:

Jacka: The Movie

Can't even say Jackass :rofl:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Old 01-04-2007, 09:39 PM
dubcac
I