Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Workout Squad:Progress/Overview

Old 11-01-2006, 05:40 AM
Red X
x pǝɹ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jae,

Dont let anyone tell you not to do cardio. It is very important in addition to weight lifting. The most important thing you can do to lose weight is not only to work out but also to eat right. It truly is 80% diet 20% exercise. The way to lose weight is to increase your metabolism, this means controlling the diet:

1. Eat 4-5 meals a day (3 large, 2 small)
2. Eat a good mixture of protien and carbs, just exclude saturated fats/transaturated fats/hydrogenized anything (this means margarine). The body burns more calories digesting protien than carbs.

In the end remember not to take in more calories than you are outputting. On a good 4 mile run you might lose 500-600 calories. Your body also burns calories just sitting around (most of them). But remember the key is increasing your metabolism. I like to drink a sugar-free monster in the morning to help increase it just a bit. Working out is just an additional activity to raise the metabolism. Thats how I would go about losing weight.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:51 AM
IluvJae
Grifball Player

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Red X
Jae,

Dont let anyone tell you not to do cardio. It is very important in addition to weight lifting. The most important thing you can do to lose weight is not only to work out but also to eat right. It truly is 80% diet 20% exercise. The way to lose weight is to increase your metabolism, this means controlling the diet:

1. Eat 4-5 meals a day (3 large, 2 small)
2. Eat a good mixture of protien and carbs, just exclude saturated fats/transaturated fats/hydrogenized anything (this means margarine). The body burns more calories digesting protien than carbs.

In the end remember not to take in more calories than you are outputting. On a good 4 mile run you might lose 500-600 calories. Your body also burns calories just sitting around (most of them). But remember the key is increasing your metabolism. I like to drink a sugar-free monster in the morning to help increase it just a bit. Working out is just an additional activity to raise the metabolism. Thats how I would go about losing weight.
Now would the same thing apply if im not trying to lose weight per se, but trying to lost body fat?
Old 11-01-2006, 05:53 AM
Red X
x pǝɹ

Originally Posted by IluvJae
Now would the same thing apply if im not trying to lose weight per se, but trying to lost body fat?
Burning fat just means take what I said and apply it hardcore for awhile. Its like catching up to a train moving 60 mph. You start at zero, you have to travel faster than 60 to catch up. Once you catch up you can slack off at 60.

Actually fat is hard to lose, but working out both weight and cardio should solve the problem.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:59 AM
Brar
|:]

I lost my body fat just going to the gym everyday. Lifted and ran. I can't find my school IDs to show you the difference though.

Just stay motivated and go everyday, run/jog there if possible (my gym is only .75 miles away). Swimming will also help a lot.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:27 AM
Red X
x pǝɹ

Originally Posted by Brar
I lost my body fat just going to the gym everyday. Lifted and ran. I can't find my school IDs to show you the difference though.

Just stay motivated and go everyday, run/jog there if possible (my gym is only .75 miles away). Swimming will also help a lot.
+1 on the swimming.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:30 AM
IluvJae
Grifball Player

Originally Posted by Brar

I'm black...i dont swim i sink :chuckles:

I'm gonna try the lifting thing first. Then after a month or two add in cardio..and see what differences there is from the 2
Old 11-01-2006, 06:32 AM
Red X
x pǝɹ

I'm black...i dont swim i sink :chuckles:

I'm gonna try the lifting thing first. Then after a month or two add in cardio..and see what differences there is from the 2

Just make sure you aren't taking the easier way out. Its alot harder to run, but I've noticed the benefits are much better in the long run. I feel better during the day, I feel larger, etc.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:45 AM
IluvJae
Grifball Player

Just make sure you aren't taking the easier way out. Its alot harder to run, but I've noticed the benefits are much better in the long run. I feel better during the day, I feel larger, etc.
O i love running...the womenz on the treadmeelz are lovely

actually if i could just go in and run i would...i actually dont like lifting
Old 11-01-2006, 07:05 AM
swaggs21

How is running the easy way out??

Obviously you havent been lifting enough weight h:
Old 11-01-2006, 07:06 AM
Exadar
Be Quiet and Drive

O i love running...the womenz on the treadmeelz are lovely

actually if i could just go in and run i would...i actually dont like lifting
Ugh, I hate running. I'd rather power lift for 5 hours than run for 30 mins