Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

To y'all married peeps..

Old 09-12-2005, 12:15 PM
goon54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To y'all married peeps..

Whats the hardest thing u had to do in terms of setting up ur wedding and honeymoon? Just looking out for myself to avoid any arguments with the wifey.. Thanks
HoneyMoon suggestions appreciated also
Old 09-12-2005, 12:50 PM
HawtPants
the one and only

do what the wifey wants and tell her shes right
Old 09-12-2005, 05:03 PM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

Hahah - actually HawtPants is right

I stayed out of most of the planning, since I was working so much. I did have a say on who came to our wedding though. She wanted to invite everyone. And I said why should we have people we don't talk to at least on a monthly basis?

Also don't fall victim to "It's something that will make your wedding special" type thing from the hall, church, flowers, cake, DJs, etc... They all throw that in to make you feel guilty. The only thing that matters during a wedding is the two of you are happy. Material things will not make it special - cause it already should be a special day.

Also don't let family plan your wedding. I've seen too many problems with that UNLESS they are paying for everything. Which is why my wife and I paid for our own wedding.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:11 PM
Grifter

i agree with her plans
Old 09-12-2005, 05:49 PM
LABARINTH
Better Than Canada!

If you aren't sure about something ask questions....Never assume anything. Check and double check. Guys don't normally care about much but the girls generally do and you just want everything to go smoothly so they don't get upset. Other than that just have a good time.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:40 PM
Wharbone

Your job as groom is to agree with everything she says.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:43 AM
Bl@ck
Sinner

Originally Posted by goon54
HoneyMoon suggestions appreciated also
what do you guys like to do, what kind of budget are you on, and did you have anthing specific in mind?

http://www.hawkscay.com/packages/spa.asp
Old 09-13-2005, 04:12 AM
THEOLDMAN
Checking it twice

Our wedding took place in a park, we had a notary public marry us, my dog was there, one of my wife's co-workers supplied the music...he played the flute. Our reception was given to us by another co-worker of my wife, in a pre-Civil War mansion on the Battery in Charleston a friend of mine supplied a bouquet for the bride. My wife had a floral headband made by one of the "Flower Ladies" on the streets of Charleston.

My wife's side of the wedding attendees were all from the department of Psychiatry at the Medical University in Charleston...Her boss, a psychiatrist married us. My side of the wedding attendees were a bunch of scruffy commercial fishermen. The highlight of the wedding was a bus tour going through the park at the end of our ceremony.

For our honeymoon we took a drive and spent the week in Washington DC, even happening to get into the 5 of May Coalition protest, probably 1/2 million people all over the Capitol and the Mall.

We let our friends supply all the fixings for the wedding, all we did was decide to have it in a park. Our total cost for the wedding...next to nothing.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ...."WOW! What a ride!!!!!"

LUNCH with THEOLDMAN...On a break for now...
Old 09-13-2005, 06:04 AM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

We went to San Fransico and Napa Valley for our honeymoon.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:11 AM
XScarAudio
///o\\\///o\\\

We had our wedding in a garden in Tallahassee, FL and went to New Orleans for our honeymoon.