Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Real Estate License

Old 12-14-2004, 11:24 AM
Mandi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Real Estate License

Anyone here have them or know someone who does? For a few years now, the idea's been in the back of my mind...but i've never looked too deep into what i need to do to take the tests and what not. Anyone with experiences??

:dunno:
Old 12-14-2004, 11:25 AM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

Hmmm ... I'll tell the GF to hop on this thread. She's been working at Coldwell Banker Real Estate for the past 5 or 6 years.
Old 12-14-2004, 11:26 AM
Mandi

Originally Posted by Eklypse39
Hmmm ... I'll tell the GF to hop on this thread. She's been working at Coldwell Banker Real Estate for the past 5 or 6 years.

Nice! :thumbup: Thanks Timmay!
Old 12-14-2004, 11:51 AM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Ask the mom from American Beauty.
Old 12-14-2004, 11:51 AM
Grifter

you dont like massaging people anymore?
Old 12-14-2004, 11:56 AM
Mandi

Originally Posted by Darth Grifter
you dont like massaging people anymore?

I'm not working right now. There isnt anything available around here. And even when i do start working in Massage, it's not going to pay enough for me to move out on my own and pay my bills b/c it's such an inconsistant job...So i want and need something else to do on teh side.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:26 PM
Josh M

I am in the other end of it, I am in the mortgage business, however I will tell you it is a cut-throat business over there........when you are first starting out it is pretty rough as your fellow co-workers will try to snake leads out from under you. You have to work really hard to even make 70k annually. After you get yourself established however it becomes a lot easier, as you will build up a client base over time. If you are looking for something more stable I don't think this industry is right for you I get paid on a weekly basis and it is very inconsistent, depends on how much you close during the week. For example......

2 weeks ago my check for that week was 350 bucks
1 week ago my check was for 2300
last week it was for 450
This week I'm looking at maybe closing around the 3000 mark........its so inconsistant that it drives me crazy sometimes If you want more info feel free to IM me or send me an email at jmorey@greatlakesfin.com

Josh
Old 12-14-2004, 12:33 PM
Mandi

I don't know what i'm looking for

The massage therapy hasn't taken off..and i knew it would be hard to get started..but 6 months i've been searching my ass off and nothing is coming up. I feel like i either have to move or give up on it.

I'm just looking around now, i guess, to see if anything else strikes me as interesting and something I think i could do.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:44 PM
axemansean

The real estate license exam is easy, the hard part is selling yourself to a client. There are countless other jobs you can do with your educational background. Bank teller, administrative work, etc. A job is a way to make ends meet, if its fun and interesting then its a bonus.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:54 PM
Josh M

A lot of this industry is about how personable you are. You have to remember that people are trusting you with a very large sum of money in their eyes and it will probably be the single largest purchase of their lives.

If you are a good people person I would say you could do well in this business, my biggest asset is I can talk to people and make them feel comfortable with me.........I'm not overly smart or overly motivated, but I have a winning smile and a smooth talker

If I had been interested in the massage therapy business, if I were u I would try to hook up with a big spa or something, I know they have to have them around there.......I know I go to the spa on a weekly basis for various services and the bill is easily around 150-200/week and I always tip them good.......so if you have a ton of other clients like me, you can bank pretty good. Is that what you have been trying to do or are you trying to do it as an independant?