Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

drugs = good music

Old 09-26-2004, 09:47 AM
v8guy
Professor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Classical
Old 09-26-2004, 10:07 AM
19.3secS2K
my bum is on the swedish!

Originally Posted by revhappy420
:werd: i think that does explain it. creative people just wanna experience more from life, being on a different plateau or planet i also think small amounts of certain drugs, especially da ganja can enhance that creativism and work for you, but excess of anything isn't good and once they feel like the high from lesser drugs isnt doing much anymore because they get immune to it, they feel like they have writers block and wanna experience an even greater rush, and it screws them over in the end. thats why ill stick to moderate amounts of mary jane, i know my limits
:werd:

psychodelics are fun, too h:
Old 09-26-2004, 10:17 AM
Tinker Bell
mexikin who?

maryyy jaaaane [/rick james]
Old 09-26-2004, 10:21 AM
dubcac
I

Creativism :rofl:

Send that one to the people at Webster's Dictionary :rofl:
Old 09-26-2004, 11:44 AM
v8guy
Professor

Originally Posted by dubster99
Creativism :rofl:

Send that one to the people at Webster's Dictionary :rofl:
hey, he's being creative and creating new words

.....why do you think they call it DOPE!
Old 09-26-2004, 01:18 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by v8guy
Classical
yeah, that one I'm a little shakey on... I'm sure there are/were some drugged up classical composers, but I just don't know enough about it to point them out.

classical and country are basically the only two I'm not sure on. heck, maybe the fact that country sucks so much further accentuates the phenomenon.
Old 09-26-2004, 01:48 PM
v8guy
Professor

Maybe not so much drugs but definitely a lot of alcohol abuse among country musicians (and listeners). Alcohol is a drug, a rather nasty one at that.

Classical is a toughie, I think those guys were pretty straight.

I agree with your general drift on this, mind expansion/exploring different levels of consciousness does seem to contribute to the creation of cool tunes. Unfortunately it also seems to contribute to a large number of highly talented and gifted people utterly screwing up their lives and overdosing, committing suicide, etc. Look at Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix and Kurt Cobain, all dead at age 27.
Old 09-26-2004, 02:08 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if they made it 6 more years, they could have all been like jesus and alexander the great.
Old 09-26-2004, 03:38 PM
Tobra

Originally Posted by white_n_slow
first off, I don't use any drugs but alcohol and occationally caffeine (although that wasn't always the case). secondly, i'm not advocating or suggesting anything, just pointing out something I noticed.
That is how I took it. Alcohol and tobacco are the worst ones out there, from the standpoint of the amount of damage they do to individuals and society. They just have strong and organized lobbiests. Trust me, I have seen stuff that would make your hair fall out. I have been advised by more than one reformed junkie that tobacco is the biggest bitch to kick.
Old 09-26-2004, 07:59 PM
19.3secS2K
my bum is on the swedish!

Originally Posted by white_n_slow
classical and country are basically the only two I'm not sure on. heck, maybe the fact that country sucks so much further accentuates the phenomenon.
well, country has people like Willy Nelson and Jonny Cash (I'm pretty sure he smoked pot).

I'm sure there are more modern country musicians who smoke pot (come on, thats a pretty fawking common 'drug'), but you know how descreet famous people can be.

But I doubt you'd see any of them shooting up crack or dropping acid....

as for classical, its hard to prove anything. Drugs did exist (opium, hash, etc), but they were treated differently back in the day. I think of people like Mozart (in particular... ever see amideaus?[sp.]) and maybe some of the more bizaar composers. But theres too many to consider.

more contemporary classical is probably a different story....

Ray Charles is someone else to throw at the list