Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Xbox One

Old 06-10-2013, 12:30 PM
hitman619
SDSU Basketball

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

May get one just to sell around Christmas
Old 06-10-2013, 01:24 PM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

Today's going to be expensive.

I have a feeling PS4 will go up for Pre-sale today at 6pm PST.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:04 AM
Zackk

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by e3NiNe
Today's going to be expensive.

I have a feeling PS4 will go up for Pre-sale today at 6pm PST.
Have they announced the price point for the PS4? I assume it will match the X-Bone's $499 start. It would be hilarious if it was $50 cheaper, though.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:29 AM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

PS4 is up for pre-sale, they're entering the market at $100 less than the Xbox One.

Microsoft is officially fucked.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:40 AM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

There was some pretty massive fallout from last night's Sony E3 conference. It's amazing how 1 single event can make you the hero again.

PSN+ has a better customer experience than XBL (today).

PS4 has better hardware than Xbox One (on paper).

Gaikai cloud streaming is coming to PS4. This means the entire catalog of PSX, PS2, PSP, Vita, and PS4 games will be available over an internet connection (think of what Netflix did to videos).

PS4, region free.
OFsEg4c.png

PS4, game acquisition model is not changing.
ymUneDP.jpg

PS4, $100 less.
nb4IWK0.jpg

PS4, works without an internet connection / check-in every 24 hours.
9eg5snR.jpg

With all of that being said, here's a shot of Xbox One's new slogan ...
3gKjmI1.jpg

Microsoft is fucked.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:59 AM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

(All comments based after the E3 Microsoft and Sony conferences)

Originally Posted by LABARINTH
My concerns with the Xbox One primarily revolve around two things. The first is buying used games. If used games cost as much as new games than that is crap. I should be able to purchase a game and then sell it if I am done with it. I expect to make back some of my money. I don't know that I agree that the developers should make any money off of used games because they already got paid once but I don't think I would care about a $5 activation fee. Say I bought a game for $50 and played it for 2 months. I could then turn around and sell it for $30. The person who buys it then has to pay $5 for activation. They get the game for cheaper and I got to play the game for 2 months and only spent $20. This seems fair to me. Anything more than a cheap activation fee is crap.
Apple is operating in the gaming space now. To the public, their games can't be shared and that's okay. Again, I get what Microsoft is doing ... only because Apple is just printing money at this point.

The biggest factor here is game price. A new console game is $60. A new app game is $1 to $10. If Microsoft were to go all digital and slash their pricing model ... the idea of sharing titles / used games just goes away.

Originally Posted by LABARINTH
I am concerned that they are veering away from a gaming platform and spending too much time on TV and Video. No matter how good the TV and video features are I am not going to buy a new Xbox unless the games are substantially better. It seems to me that the gaming aspect is the more technically complicated to develop anyway. Any high end gaming device should be able to play HD movies. I like these features on my current Xbox and don't think they need to be improved much. If they are going to put out a subpar gaming machine and try to market it as a mediacenter I really doubt I will purchase it.
It can play games just fine. Microsoft will have games. They'll have killer graphics. They'll have Halo, Gears of War, etc ... but, as of right now ... they have nothing to show. I'm sure they're behind the development of all games.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:14 PM
Zackk

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by e3NiNe
PS4 is up for pre-sale, they're entering the market at $100 less than the Xbox One.

Microsoft is officially fucked.
Holy shit. The next-gen console war is over before it even begins.

As long as the PS4 offers at least as good of a social gaming aspect as the 360 did, I may purchase one. I've hated microsawft for a while, and it really made my skin crawl when I purchased my 360. But I love the hell out of it. I'll have it until they shut the servers down.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:32 PM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

Originally Posted by Zackk
Holy shit. The next-gen console war is over before it even begins.

As long as the PS4 offers at least as good of a social gaming aspect as the 360 did, I may purchase one.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:40 PM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

and here's a picture of the PS4 bandwagon ...
ylgGJ0m.gif
Old 06-11-2013, 02:26 PM
LABARINTH
Better Than Canada!

As long as the user experience is better than that kids acting it looks like the PS4 is in the lead :chuckles: