Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Xbox One

Old 05-21-2013, 01:13 PM
LABARINTH
Better Than Canada!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xbox One

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xboxone/meet-xbox-one

Your thoughts?
Old 05-21-2013, 04:06 PM
hitman619
SDSU Basketball

waiting for the XBox one slim
That thing looks like a VCR
Old 05-21-2013, 04:52 PM
Zackk

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

What a shitty name. :lmao:

Edit: Here's why I'll be having my 360 for a while.

-Not backwards compatible. I can't blame them, everybody bitches about this but 5% of people would truly give a damn after new titles drop. I'm in the 5%.
-Kinect is required with every system. Every system. It's great for netflix control, and 3 cumulative hours of dancing games.
-Minimum Xbox one functionality requires internet connection. Unable to get high speed internet where you live? Too bad.
-You have to pay a fee to play a used game on a different system. They really screwed up here.
-Kinect will always be on when the xbox is. In other words, anytime your xbox is on you have a high definition camera and microphone recording shit you might not want out.

I have an entire stockpile of 360 titles I'm going to get a jump on next week after my MCAT. I think a lot of people will switch to the ps4 after some of this booshit.

Last edited by Zackk; 05-21-2013 at 05:05 PM.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:58 PM
fathergoat
:3

microsoft is doing one hell of a job shooting it's self in the foot with drm
Old 05-22-2013, 05:57 AM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

Originally Posted by fathergoat
microsoft is doing one hell of a job shooting it's self in the foot with drm
It's a 2 fold money grab.
1. Kill piracy - sell more games
2. Kill Gamestop - sell more new copies, not used (aka already recognized in revenue stream)

I get why they're doing it. Apple won't let you share games. Same goes with Steam.

For me, the cons don't apply.
- Not backwards compatible ... don't care. I have an Xbox 360. I'll play 360 games on that.
- Kinect is required ... don't care. If it's required, then it will be a part of the console bundle, just like the controller and power cord.
- Required internet connection ... kinda care, but not really. I have internet at the house. It does go out from time to time, but whatever.
- Pay a fee to play a game on a different system ... don't care. I don't bring my games anywhere.
- Kinect will always be on ... don't care. I'll put a post it over the camera.

I'm not everyone, but for my purposes, the negatives just don't apply.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:40 AM
RicoD
Pull my finger

Pay a "fee" I haven't read or heard any details about this... Is it literally that if I own 2 Xboxes I have to pay a fee to play the game in the other room I have the Xbox? Or is it GT based? I'm too lazy to search details...

I've got 2 Xbox 360s (Remember when I couldn't bring myself to buy 1? lol), and I forsee myself always having 2 of each console from now on, so just curious.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:34 AM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

It's per Gamertag.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:50 AM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zackk
What a shitty name. :lmao:

Edit: Here's why I'll be having my 360 for a while.

-Not backwards compatible. I can't blame them, everybody bitches about this but 5% of people would truly give a damn after new titles drop. I'm in the 5%.
-Kinect is required with every system. Every system. It's great for netflix control, and 3 cumulative hours of dancing games.
-Minimum Xbox one functionality requires internet connection. Unable to get high speed internet where you live? Too bad.
-You have to pay a fee to play a used game on a different system. They really screwed up here.
-Kinect will always be on when the xbox is. In other words, anytime your xbox is on you have a high definition camera and microphone recording shit you might not want out.

I have an entire stockpile of 360 titles I'm going to get a jump on next week after my MCAT. I think a lot of people will switch to the ps4 after some of this booshit.

This is the reason I am now starting to look into what Sony is offering in the PS4. If I do go PS4 for my next console it will be the first Sony product I have bought since the original PS came out.

I should probably also mention the focus of the reveal seemed to be more about TV features than gaming, which leaves their core audience out in the cold...you know the audience that put their system on the map in the first place.

Last edited by Nightshade; 05-22-2013 at 08:54 AM.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:34 AM
Zackk

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nightshade
This is the reason I am now starting to look into what Sony is offering in the PS4. If I do go PS4 for my next console it will be the first Sony product I have bought since the original PS came out.

I should probably also mention the focus of the reveal seemed to be more about TV features than gaming, which leaves their core audience out in the cold...you know the audience that put their system on the map in the first place.

Xbox One Reveal 2013 Highlights - YouTube

I have both a ps3 and a 360. I've only owned the 360 for about 6 months, but I prefer the interface and social gaming aspect of the 360 a thousands times more. I can't see myself buying a new console for years considering what I'll be starting in 2014. If I had to pick though, I think I'd go ps4 as it seems that they've fixed the social interface that was severely lacking in the ps3. PS+ really brought xbox live down a peg. I think that will carry over into the next consoles as well.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:18 PM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

Playstation+ is a better service ... but I still don't trust them after they lost the entire user database of personal information (including credit card information stored in plain text).