Notices
Showroom Find you some "show" for your "go."

honestly what's wrong with conversion's, why stock??

Old 08-26-2006, 01:51 PM
jrw1818

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default honestly what's wrong with conversion's, why stock??

i'm noticing a lot of people hate conversion an no body kit's.. i understand the body kit's.. but come on dont you think it's kinda cool to have something nobody has, or cant figure what car it is...
Old 08-26-2006, 01:56 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

:a:

Moved to Appearance / Cosmetic.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 08-26-2006, 01:57 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

if you want something that nobody else has why did you buy a honda?
Old 08-26-2006, 02:07 PM
jrw1818

Originally Posted by Mo
if you want something that nobody else has why did you buy a honda?
everyone has ever car.. even if its not a honda.. so i got a delsol an got a integra front.. nobody has that an if they do not as many.. you know what i meAN??

you have a integra an i see those everyday.. conversion make a car unique..
Old 08-26-2006, 02:11 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Originally Posted by jrw1818
i'm noticing a lot of people hate conversion an no body kit's.. i understand the body kit's.. but come on dont you think it's kinda cool to have something nobody has, or cant figure what car it is...

Frankly no. I think it's a lost cause to start mixing and matching design elements from other cars. It destroys the original design vision and in most cases, makes the car look like the mutt it is.

Case in point: Look at how Chip Foose approaches his project cars.

First and foremost, he distills the original design down to its elements. He doesn't start tacking on useless scoops and bulges in effort to confuse people.

Granted, this is just my 2˘... I would much rather see a Integra with subtle body mods that accent the original design than to see one with design elements ripped off from other cars and scattered about.

In terms of the Integra, we really hit bottom when people started slapping CL and S14 headlights on, with R33 look-alike bumpers and pseudo NSX side scoops... at that point, the original design is just destroyed for no good reason.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 08-26-2006, 02:22 PM
stratguitarist
Missing my honda...

no, its still a del sol.....you just put a integra front end on it. i would consider that a waste, ive seen your pics of your car and it looks very nice, but its still a waste of money to me. think about how fast your car coulda been without that conversion or how well it could have handled. your car is not a rare car by any means so its not unique. i have a buddy with 10000 dollar giovani 26's on his denail that is supercharged with 4 mtx 9500's with 12000w of power going to them through 2 modified earthquake d3 shredder amps. but its still a denali...moms drive them to get grocerys. your car will always be a del sol so why does a different front end qualify to make a unique? if a eg hatch has a integra dash is that unique to then? in my opinion no, it may look nice but its nothing to WOW about. now a ferrari enzo, f50, or lambo, those are unique cars. you have a honda....it will always be a honda....no matter how jdm or unique you think you make it, it will always be a honda. besides who cares if its unique as long as you love it thats all that matters.
Old 08-26-2006, 03:11 PM
delsol161

Originally Posted by stratguitarist
now a ferrari enzo, f50, or lambo, those are unique cars. you have a honda....it will always be a honda....no matter how jdm or unique you think you make it, it will always be a honda. besides who cares if its unique as long as you love it thats all that matters.
really... thousands of ppl drive those... their no more unique than a honda. juss more expensive. i'm planning a conversion. i know i'll love every inch of it. i'm doing the work myself prolly after i get home from school. i'm combining my favorite two hondas. like it or not... it will be one hell of a task... and no doubt a show stopper.
Old 08-26-2006, 03:23 PM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To each their own. :shrug:

Some of them look cool, some look like crap (most actually). I say do what makes you happy, but the key is... don't expect everyone to like it.
Old 08-26-2006, 03:30 PM
b00gers

Originally Posted by westcoaststyle
To each their own. :shrug:

Some of them look cool, some look like crap (most actually). I say do what makes you happy, but the key is... don't expect everyone to like it.
:werd:

Do what you want.
Old 08-26-2006, 03:36 PM
stratguitarist
Missing my honda...

Originally Posted by delsol161
really... thousands of ppl drive those... their no more unique than a honda. juss more expensive. i'm planning a conversion. i know i'll love every inch of it. i'm doing the work myself prolly after i get home from school. i'm combining my favorite two hondas. like it or not... it will be one hell of a task... and no doubt a show stopper.

hahahaha thosands of people drive an f50 and an enzo. maybe you should google search what those cars actually are. the lambos i can understand multiple people having those but not a enzo. you have to be invited to buy an enzo by ferrari, you dont just say you want one, you are givin the privelage to buy one. as i stated above, as long as you love it thats what matters.