Old 08-26-2006, 02:11 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jrw1818
i'm noticing a lot of people hate conversion an no body kit's.. i understand the body kit's.. but come on dont you think it's kinda cool to have something nobody has, or cant figure what car it is...

Frankly no. I think it's a lost cause to start mixing and matching design elements from other cars. It destroys the original design vision and in most cases, makes the car look like the mutt it is.

Case in point: Look at how Chip Foose approaches his project cars.

First and foremost, he distills the original design down to its elements. He doesn't start tacking on useless scoops and bulges in effort to confuse people.

Granted, this is just my 2˘... I would much rather see a Integra with subtle body mods that accent the original design than to see one with design elements ripped off from other cars and scattered about.

In terms of the Integra, we really hit bottom when people started slapping CL and S14 headlights on, with R33 look-alike bumpers and pseudo NSX side scoops... at that point, the original design is just destroyed for no good reason.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!