Notices

help cvt top tear!!!

Old 02-04-2005, 03:14 PM
ShastSmae

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help cvt top tear!!!

So I Put The Top Down On My Car Today To See How The Cover Fits On It And The Top Ripped On Both Sides By The Latches!!!!! Im Furious. Why Would This Happen??? I Havent Contacted My Atermarket Waranty Company Yet .. I Doubt They Wioll Put On A New Top
Old 02-04-2005, 04:58 PM
ShastSmae

well i put some silocone on it for now it fixed it but it dont look that good. does anyone know where if i can maybe get it sewed or patced from the inside.. its like a 2inch slit
Old 02-05-2005, 11:56 AM
NX01
My first Honda

Dam sorry dude. Was it cold when you put it up? This concerns me because my car is used and it would suck to rip the top. I have no idea what you could possibly use to repair it. but you may want to talk to any company that services tops for boats.
Old 02-09-2005, 02:52 PM
partycat

I've ripped the top of my S before on the driver side by the latches. I had the warranty at the time so it was covered. They just bought a new top for me and put it on. It was pretty expensive, though. You can find cvt. tops used, but they're still probably about $1k. If you have warranty, they should definitely cover it.
Old 02-09-2005, 02:54 PM
partycat

There are places that do just convertible tops, they can patch it for you. Its normally really cheap and really quick. They patched mine until my top came in, but it looks really bad. They made it look the best they could, but in time you will want to get a new top.
Old 02-15-2005, 06:09 PM
ShastSmae

the aftermarket warranty wont cover it... how hard is it to get the cvt top cover on when the top is down? it goes down all the way i think but it kinda looks like the top is suposed to go down more. anyone got pics of top down?
Old 03-19-2006, 09:17 AM
sandwalker

Default my soft top teared too....!!!

guess i'm not the only one this happened to... i think there is position the latch can go in where it pushes up on the canvas hard. It didn't go down all the way on my first attempt, i closed it and tried a couple more times and heard the thing rip. I was pissed. I only have 2k miles on the baby. PartyCat, can you or anyone tell me if the dealer gave any hassle when you brought it in for replacement under warranty? For the rest of you, if the top dont go down all the way... check the latches and dont keep trying it....
Old 03-19-2006, 05:20 PM
h22accord
155mph and still climbing

I don’t know about other dealerships. But the people that work at the one where I live are complete assholes. They won't lift a finger to help you, and even if your car is under warrantee they always try to blame you so they can try and get out of fixing it. (Like when they told me there was never any problems with the OEM clutch making a buzzing noise in my 2000 s2000, and that I must have been racing it for it to be doing that) I found that if you can’t get what you want out of the dealership go over them and contact Honda of America. I have had more than a few problems that the local dealership told me I was shit out of luck and I would have to pay for it all out of my pocket, but when HOA was contacted, they made them fix it for little to no cost under their "good will" policy. Honda is a great company that usually stands behind their products long after the warrantee is over; you just have to talk to the right people to get what you want.

This is a little out of warrantee story that the dealership wouldn’t do anything about, but then was covered by Honda of America,.

How I learned of this GREAT "good will" policy. My parents bought a 98 accord ex v6, they had bought 4 brand new Hondas in the past but this one they bought used with 80k miles in 2002. They were the third owner of the car and about a month after they bought it the transmission went completely out in it. They took it to the local dealership and the dealer told them that there was nothing that they could do about it and they would have to buy a new transmission. Well they found out the early v6 accords had a lot of problems with transmission failures. They called the corporate customer service and told them the whole spill of how they bought a new accord in 85 and it had 120k and still ran like brand new when they traded in on the 90 accord brand new and it now had close to 200k and still ran brand new and they couldn’t under stand why this one only had 80k and it was already breaking down. They said how they still looking for a new car but if Honda couldn’t stand behind there product that they could easily go to Toyota and by a new one. To make a long story short they put a brand new OEM transmission in it and only charged the labor, which ended up being like 700 or 800 dollars. A ten minute phone call saved them about 1200 bucks and that would have been for a rebuilt transmission, not a brand new one like they received.

Last edited by h22accord; 03-19-2006 at 05:22 PM.