View Single Post
Old 03-19-2006, 05:20 PM
h22accord
155mph and still climbing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don’t know about other dealerships. But the people that work at the one where I live are complete assholes. They won't lift a finger to help you, and even if your car is under warrantee they always try to blame you so they can try and get out of fixing it. (Like when they told me there was never any problems with the OEM clutch making a buzzing noise in my 2000 s2000, and that I must have been racing it for it to be doing that) I found that if you can’t get what you want out of the dealership go over them and contact Honda of America. I have had more than a few problems that the local dealership told me I was shit out of luck and I would have to pay for it all out of my pocket, but when HOA was contacted, they made them fix it for little to no cost under their "good will" policy. Honda is a great company that usually stands behind their products long after the warrantee is over; you just have to talk to the right people to get what you want.

This is a little out of warrantee story that the dealership wouldn’t do anything about, but then was covered by Honda of America,.

How I learned of this GREAT "good will" policy. My parents bought a 98 accord ex v6, they had bought 4 brand new Hondas in the past but this one they bought used with 80k miles in 2002. They were the third owner of the car and about a month after they bought it the transmission went completely out in it. They took it to the local dealership and the dealer told them that there was nothing that they could do about it and they would have to buy a new transmission. Well they found out the early v6 accords had a lot of problems with transmission failures. They called the corporate customer service and told them the whole spill of how they bought a new accord in 85 and it had 120k and still ran like brand new when they traded in on the 90 accord brand new and it now had close to 200k and still ran brand new and they couldn’t under stand why this one only had 80k and it was already breaking down. They said how they still looking for a new car but if Honda couldn’t stand behind there product that they could easily go to Toyota and by a new one. To make a long story short they put a brand new OEM transmission in it and only charged the labor, which ended up being like 700 or 800 dollars. A ten minute phone call saved them about 1200 bucks and that would have been for a rebuilt transmission, not a brand new one like they received.

Last edited by h22accord; 03-19-2006 at 05:22 PM.