Notices

AEM V2 intake w/ Turbo

Old 07-25-2006, 07:50 AM
Fira!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by :snoopy:
because people are brand whores and like to make all kinds of claims with nothing to back it up. those dyno's on aem's site, do they list other mods? run conditions? im inclined to believe independant third party dyno tests more than what the manufacturers put out for their own product.
couldnt have said it better myself. no they dont have any of that. this sucks because i was thinkin about buying one this week. anyway, if theyre going to push out the same gains then i'll take one for the team and get the V2. I'll let you guys know how it runs.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:41 PM
crazy

^^^^ Many people on ClubRSX have the V2.

As I said its just a slightly better SRI. Get a CAI. A lot of RSX V2 owners switched to a CAI because the V2 was a waste and suffered massive heat soak like the SRI.

Manufacturer dynos are always inflated. And like I said earlier, for other cars the V2 might be good, but it is not for the RSX because it is a SRI in the RSX and a CAI in every other car.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:33 PM
Fira!

Originally Posted by crazy
^^^^ Many people on ClubRSX have the V2.

As I said its just a slightly better SRI. Get a CAI. A lot of RSX V2 owners switched to a CAI because the V2 was a waste and suffered massive heat soak like the SRI.

Manufacturer dynos are always inflated. And like I said earlier, for other cars the V2 might be good, but it is not for the RSX because it is a SRI in the RSX and a CAI in every other car.
yea i was actually thinkin about that today after i got out of work... i will go with a CAI. Thanks for the info.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:35 PM
Fira!

Default Headers

Now what about headers. i was lookin at the DC Sports 4-2-1 two piece. Whats the huge difference between the one and two piece headers?
Old 07-28-2006, 05:41 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

Originally Posted by Fira!
Now what about headers. i was lookin at the DC Sports 4-2-1 two piece. Whats the huge difference between the one and two piece headers?
ease of installation. if you're going to turbo it later on dont waste your time with a header.
Old 07-30-2006, 04:02 PM
Fira!

i'm not going to turbo it... i was thinkin supercharger.... any opinions? i wuld still be able to push close to the same amount of hp, right? i wanna go with a sleeper look... pretty much keep the body stock and not let everyone know im pushin the power of a turbo.
Old 07-30-2006, 06:25 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

with a turbo you can turn the boost up anytime, if your engine is built for it. with a s/c you're pretty much stuck with the boost level depending on the size of the pulley.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:20 PM
RKrzemien

When I bought my rsx it already had the V2, 2 months after that I switched to an Injen CAI and noticed a difference, so I wouldn't recomend the V2
Old 08-02-2006, 10:50 AM
Fira!

Originally Posted by :snoopy:
with a turbo you can turn the boost up anytime, if your engine is built for it. with a s/c you're pretty much stuck with the boost level depending on the size of the pulley.
yea but if i am going to go with a sleeper i would rather keep it as quiet as possible.. i dont want anyone to hear ive got a turbo when i shift past 3k rpm. looking to spank a 350z... plus, isnt a turbo a lot more maintenance than a s/c?
Old 08-02-2006, 12:34 PM
RicoD
Pull my finger

Originally Posted by Fira!
yea but if i am going to go with a sleeper i would rather keep it as quiet as possible.. i dont want anyone to hear ive got a turbo when i shift past 3k rpm. looking to spank a 350z... plus, isnt a turbo a lot more maintenance than a s/c?
Maintenance is the same...its forced inducted...

Ever driven a S/C car, especially a tune, mildly built one? When it whines... its loud... there is no hiding that...