Notices

HELP! Apexi N1 Problem!

Old 07-23-2003, 11:53 AM
friscokydd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! Apexi N1 Problem!

Hi guys. I just had my shop slap on my Apex'i N1 cat-back on my 1993 Prelude SI, non-Vtec. I'm using the stock hangers, but for some reason, part of the piping behind the muffler is touching the control arm of my rear, passenger side. It makes a super, annoying rattling sound when my car is started & at rest. The shop said it was normal, but I doubt Apex'i would make something that didn't fit perfect. I checked the box, and this is the exact exhaust model for my car. Anyone else experience this? Is it normal? Anything I could do? Help! Thanks folks.
Old 07-24-2003, 08:34 AM
friscokydd

I guess no one has a 4th gen Prelude w/ an N1 exhaust w/ a similar problem? Well, I was looking into exhaust/header wrap to solve the problem. It's a high heat wrap, that I think wouldn't hamper the performance or life of my cat-back. I know it's made for headers, but perhaps wrapping the area would dampen the clanking of the piping on the control arm? Any ideas?
Old 07-28-2003, 01:32 AM
Ice025

My bro has the exact same car w/the n1. No rattle whatsoever. It actually sounds real sweet.
Old 07-28-2003, 05:12 PM
FatTony

I use to have th n1 on a civic hatch, and I had the same prob that you are having. All I did to resolve that problem was I made sure that all the tubing was aligned right before you tighten it, cause it does come with some slack.

-Alex

PS: Be very careful, cause it hangs too low. By the time I sold mine it had a lot of big gash looking dents which made it sound like crap.
Old 08-07-2003, 04:40 PM
Mx6GT91

Take it to a different exhaust shop and tell them the problem, im sure theyll take a pry bar to it and bend the hangers in place. Thats what they did to mine. When it rattled again i brought it back and they fixed it.

How much is it touching, if its just rubbing them you might be able to fix it yourself
Old 08-08-2003, 12:30 PM
nextgenholmes
Senior Member Wannabe

i would assume its some sort of defect i had that exhast on my old prelude and ...well no problems i would have to agree with Mx6GT91 on bringin it to some other shop and they would most likely be able to fix it or help u atleast