Old 04-24-2005, 04:25 PM
mikesta21
93preludesi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prelude or Integra

Acura vs Integ

Which would you rather buy as a first car

Use hindsight guys

94-95 Integra LS (sorry, cant do the GSR, the LS would already run me 3400/yr insurance, didnt get a quote on the lude)

or a 97 Prelude (as far as SH trim or not, idk yet)

I need to try both cars out, but I always disregarded the 97 or later Prelude because I thought they started at 7 or 8 g, but the other day I saw one in decent cond and mileage w/ for 5800, so I guess there are some.

Thanks
Old 04-24-2005, 05:22 PM
beier
A Philanthropical Fruit

Prelude the whole way. It's so much better in almost all respects, except with insurance....

The only integra that beats a prelude (in my opinion) is the ITR. If you can find one of those, then we'll have a great thread going.

Good luck
Old 04-24-2005, 05:56 PM
oscarhmoyano

Originally Posted by mikesta21
Acura vs Integ

Which would you rather buy as a first car

Use hindsight guys

94-95 Integra LS (sorry, cant do the GSR, the LS would already run me 3400/yr insurance, didnt get a quote on the lude)

or a 97 Prelude (as far as SH trim or not, idk yet)

I need to try both cars out, but I always disregarded the 97 or later Prelude because I thought they started at 7 or 8 g, but the other day I saw one in decent cond and mileage w/ for 5800, so I guess there are some.

Thanks

IMO Integras are great cars and they look good too, but for some reason they remind me too much Civics ..in other hand Preludes are unique. In part because Preludes never shared its platform with any car .. also IMO Preludes have more class, i drive an h23 Prelude and is powerful, i've raced GSR's many times (in one occasion remember both at 125 even, that was a GSR with some mods and both totallt stuck at 125 .. i thought they were better because they are lighter etc but also depends the driver LOL) .. .. but you're the one that need to choose .. good luck .. i'm sure integras are cheaper on insurance .. and tey're good cars ... and also fast .. if i would buy an Integra only if it was the Type-R model .. now that's a great Honda better prepared than Prelude but very rare!
Oscar
Old 04-24-2005, 06:26 PM
R_Squared
LEVEL UP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikesta21
Acura vs Integ

I think you meant Acura vs. Honda or Prelude vs Integra. Anyway, being as you are posting in the prelude forum, I am sure you will be getting a lot of people telling you to get a Prelude. which is fine. My girlfriend's dad has a '95 Prelude and it's a lot of fun to drive. It doesn't have vtec but still feels pretty quick and handles great. I, on the other hand, have a '94 GSR. Also, very fun to drive and quick. I have never driven an LS so I can't so anything about them really. If it were me, though, choosing between the lude and the LS would be no question. Definitely the Prelude. But I am sure that no matter which car you choose as long as it's in good running condition, you will end up happy with your decision. You can't really go wrong with either one, IMO.
Old 04-24-2005, 07:08 PM
Mkazm83
Snapping bolts

I was looking at a GSR before I bought the lude, and I am way happier now that I got the lude. The lude has a uniqueness to it. Drive down the road and count how many Integra's you see VS how many lude's you see.
Old 04-24-2005, 08:19 PM
Prelude2Perfect
Prelude2Perfection

Yeah, I was gonna get a 99 GS-R or an 01 R, (I had an 00 LS, lol) but I ended up with an 01 base Lude (and I DO agree with its uniqueness.) Teg's are great, dependable, and safe cars. The only problem you'll face getting a Teg is theft/strips. I dunno the main reason for the increased thievery, but I figure it's because so many of its parts are interchangeable (and its discontinuity), especially in the 3rd-G models. Ludes, there are some things interchangeable as well, but it's far less than the Integ's (unless it's an engine bay theft).. Both are beautiful cars and both are winners. Ludes on the other hand, are just gorgeous - subtle with style. The only other car that I dub subtle with style is the JDM I T-R.

Good luck! '>

~P2P
Old 04-24-2005, 08:22 PM
5hift
Hades: 2.2L DOHC VTEC

Shit, I wish it was like here wherever you guys live. I see on average 4-5 5th Gens a day and just the same amount, if not more 4th Gens.
Old 04-24-2005, 11:17 PM
monkey

prelude vs. LS?

no question. get the lude.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:53 AM
2legit2quit
You Big Dummy

PRELUDE!

Where I live, I see about 2 5th gens a week, and maybe 1 4th gen. Not counting mine and my brothers of course. When I was looking for my first car, I was dead set on a 4th gen Prelude, couldn't find one and almost settled for a 96 Integra SE. Glad I held out a little longer cause a Lude finally showed up, and I snatched it up like a bear trap. h:
Old 04-25-2005, 07:58 AM
R_Squared
LEVEL UP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, now post this same thread in the Integra forum and see what people have to say. That way you can get both sides of the coin. I just have this strange feeling that there isn't going to be an overwhelming urge for a prelude owner to have any reason to tell you to get a teg instead...