1/4 Mile Times for Auto Prelude (99)

Old 07-29-2004, 07:37 PM
monkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why is this thread still alive :P
Old 07-29-2004, 10:18 PM
twin3037

01blackerado jsut ahd to correct a few things first off you can shift without taking your foot off the gas in a manual it's called power shifting and for hondas and acuras manual is a better choice for the drag strip casue we need to be able to launch bad. and your truck would run much better 60's manual better the mph would be down
Old 07-30-2004, 04:23 AM
01blackerado
True Techy

Originally Posted by fastball
01blackerado, I have to say something here....... you could have come in here and given your input in a much more constructive way. Instead, your first post out of nowhere was pretty raucus, loud, and sort of in your face..... as if you are the God of all cars and we know absolutely nothing.

So, even if you think some people here know less than you about cars, and while that may actually be true, there was no need for you to butt in like a real jerk. Save that garbage for your own Silverado online chat room. You kind of brought all the heat on yourself when you just barged in and took over a PRELUDE thread.

So, I'm just gonna ask that you get in your 10 second 4 wheeler and go somewhere else. I'm not going to come to anyone's defense, I'll just say you brought it on so you have to deal with it now. Whether it's right or wrong, YOU brought it on.

That's not an opinion, that's the truth.
Hey you know what boss the arguments over why are you tryin to restart shit i said what i said not to call ANYONE out but to merely state an opinionated fact and back it up. Please dont start this up again!!
Old 07-30-2004, 04:27 AM
01blackerado
True Techy

Originally Posted by twin3037
01blackerado jsut ahd to correct a few things first off you can shift without taking your foot off the gas in a manual it's called power shifting and for hondas and acuras manual is a better choice for the drag strip casue we need to be able to launch bad. and your truck would run much better 60's manual better the mph would be down
Actually your wrong about my truck running better in a manual but you're right about the honda and acura thing!!! Not that its nessecarilly better but you can launch at what ever RPM you like,reason being the torque isnt as great in a 4 banger we all know this! But for an automatic you just change the lock up on the torque convertor and waalaaa instant response and the best part is that once you find the exact point on the RPM range that is BEST for launch, you set that convertor and holy crap you never miss a beat!! It will always launch in your sweet spot without a doubt cause its set there, and with the tranny upgraded your shifts would be so on point it wouldnt matter if you had stick or not!!!The reason that a manual isnt good for my truck is cause the power band starts so low that the anount of HP at 2000 RPMs is too much to get me going, some like to call it a 4 wheel spin, but it would take forever to find the best launch RPM and dump the clutch correctly so it didnt stick with that much forse! I'm not tryin to bash you guys at all, so dont get the wrong idea!!And i never said that none of you have fast cars, my girl owns a prelude why would i bash em. She didnt get it cause she loves it, she got it cause I LOVE IT, and like a little kid i got "oooh ooh something shiny" sindrome and made her get it!!! I may own a truck but it doesnt mean i didnt own two diff hondas for 10 years b4 the truck!!
Old 07-30-2004, 04:38 AM
01blackerado
True Techy

Originally Posted by twin3037
When you power shift do you have time to double clutch!!???
Old 07-30-2004, 10:16 AM
Nathan1234
Domestic Driving Asshole

Originally Posted by 01blackerado
oh yeah and stock domestic trannys do suck ass especially ford trans
Eh?
What's wrong with a T-56?
Old 07-30-2004, 10:53 AM
01blackerado
True Techy

were talking stock automatic
Old 07-30-2004, 11:14 AM
Human Hybrid

Originally Posted by 01blackerado
were talking stock automatic
You sir, are an idiot.
Old 07-30-2004, 01:10 PM
01blackerado
True Techy

riiiiiight, and you are????? The homo who chimes in at random to talk shit. Well hey news flash no-ones talking shit here and it looks like you're the only idiot in here that still is!!!!! Do you even know what a T56 is... man some people just dont know when to shut up why did you have to even say anything if all it was going to be was a shrewd ass comment!!?? Dont you have something better to do.What knowlegable input do you have moron!!
Old 07-30-2004, 03:57 PM
TrueKnight27
Lookin' Lude

Default well..

I prefer personally the 5 speed but you know just because you have an SS doesnt mean you have to get rid of it or even modify it. Forget drag if you don't want to deal with everything you have seen in this post....just make your baby the most gorgeous piece of work you can, hotspot doesnt have to be at the finish line, it can be in the showcase

Just another option i thought i would throw in there for you hun